EY Senior Manager - Assurance - National - CCaSS Reporting - Gurgaon in Gurgaon, India
Senior Manager - Assurance - National - CCaSS Reporting - Gurgaon
Requisition # GUR007IS
Post Date Jan 08, 2021
Senior Manager – Assurance – Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS)
Location : Gurgaon
Service Line : Assurance - Assurance’s purpose is to inspire confidence and trust to enable a complex world to work. We do so by protecting and serving the public interest, promoting transparency, supporting investor confidence and economic growth and nurturing talent to provide future business leaders . We help clients by :
1) Ensuring their accounts comply with the requisite audit standards
2) Providing a robust and clear perspective to audit committees and
3) Providing critical information for stakeholders.
Our Service Offerings include External Audit, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) , IFRS & US GAAP conversion , IPO and other public offering, Corporate Treasury - IFRS 9 accounting & implementation support etc.
Sub Service Line : Climate Change and Sustainability Services - EY’s Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) team understands the evolving pressures surrounding the challenges around environmental, social and governance (ESG) and climate change risks . Our pragmatic business approach is designed to help clients engage with key stakeholders, such as investors, regulators and society, in order to help them respond to the physical risks of climate change, as well as to operate in new markets and regulatory environments related to carbon and renewable energy.
The EY CCaSS team is equipped with a wide array of expertise across Sustainability Advisory, Non-Financial Reporting Advisory and Assurance, Outcome Measurement, Climate Change, Corporate Social Responsibility, Energy Management, Waste Management, Social Audits and Needs Assessments. We serve clients across industries like Govt, Power, Oil & Gas, Utility, Automobile, Telecom etc.
Your key responsibilities
Manage ‘project’ as well as ‘revenue’ responsibilities associated with ESG projects, mostly with listed Indian and international companies.
Drive growth in the area of solutions or services related to sustainability/ESG issues in India through use of technology and digital tools.
Good technical knowledge in the domain of Sustainability and Climate Change with familiarity of performance disclosure requirements covering ESG and non-financial parameters.
High level of awareness level about the recently published various ESG frameworks for sector such as Finance, Manufacturing Utilities, ITES etc. at Indian and international levels.
The job requires use of technology in every aspect of the work, therefore prior experience of using technology in design and delivery of services would be preferred. Knowledge of programming languages and hands on experience of using or developing tools is a plus.
Must be a subject matter expert with ESG.
To qualify for the role you must have:
Masters / MBA in relevant subject area with degree in engineering or science preferably from institutes academically known for their work in the area of Sustainability and Climate Change.
6-10 years of post-qualification relevant experience.
Creating Better Working World for Business by-
• Develops and manages plans for project teams, updates stakeholders, and escalates scope
• Develops relationships that can benefit our firm and our clients (e.g., with stakeholders in target organizations) and beyond the workplace to enhance our presence and impact in the community
• Identifies and shares trends, topics and resources (e.g., professional bodies, market developments such as sector-specific trends, regulatory guidance) that will increase the relevance and value of our service delivery and seizes opportunities to grow knowledge
• Takes a systematic approach to making decisions, considering all relevant data
• Delivers an exceptional service experience across engagements: develops an account management mindset, understands our clients’ sectors and business agenda, and anticipates their needs, proposing preferred solutions, anticipating potential barriers and following up on client satisfaction
• Develops ideas to expand current offerings, including other service lines, and initiates client discussions
• Develops new and improved ways of working, encouraging team members to explore new ideas, focusing on measurable business impact
• Builds networks across our firm, starts creating an external network to support our markets agenda and reputation, and encourages cross-selling
• Enables the business development process by gathering appropriate resources, gaining access to key contacts, supervising proposal writing and driving progress to completion
• Improves coordination of work-in-progress and utilization of staff within and across teams and exercises leadership in a collaborative way
• Manages team and project resources and budgets effectively
Creating Better Working World for Clients by -
• Is considered a direct point of contact for client and team, speaks to client regularly about future trends, and is beginning to own and grow the firm’s relationship with the client
• Maintains open and proactive communication and builds credibility based on understanding client issues and offering innovative solutions
• Creates and delivers presentations that engage a range of audiences and respond to their questions and concerns
• Integrates data and applies judgment in forming practical insights and addressing potential issues, leveraging opportunities and analyses that enable decision-making by critical stakeholders
• Shares technical, sector and market knowledge to inform client thinking
Creating a Better Working World by –
• Confidently and authentically presents complex messages skillfully, using a variety of media and methods that build excellent relationships based on a trust
• Demonstrates influencing skills that address the varied interests and individual style of others, recognizing people have different sources of motivation and ways to achieve success
• Creates a positive team environment, balancing individual initiative with team collaboration and with EY priorities, and encourages people to speak up and express differing views
• Devises approaches to resolve conflicts, including those that arise from cultural differences, and keeps negotiations or dialogue moving forward, even when solutions are not apparent
• Adopts appropriate coaching techniques to meet the various needs of team members
• Assembles the right team to achieve business goals by creating the right mix of skills and the right conditions to work together effectively
• Improves commitment and engagement of team members, while focusing on the achievement of their goals
• Provides constructive feedback tailored to each person’s style and environment
• Recommends development activities tailored to each team member’s needs and learning style
• Resolves competing priorities and resource allocation issues, building collaboration across organizational boundaries
Creating a Better Working World by exhibiting –
• Actively listens and encourages others to openly share information and ideas to improve understanding
• Drives personal development of self and others by fulfilling recommended experiences and learning curricula and regularly leveraging coaching and feedback
• Finds ways to improve the balance between personal and professional commitments and to increase understanding of personal well-being to benefit self and team members
• Is accessible and supportive to others, building emotional intelligence and trust while focusing on results and outcomes and recognizing differences in style and background
• Takes ownership for driving professional growth and leveraging coaching, learning and new experiences
Quality and Risk Compliance
• Leads complex engagements/ projects, and/or delivers outstanding quality results in complex and challenging environments
• Develops a reputation for identifying matters concerning quality or risk and escalates these to the executives in charge, by either consulting where necessary, or engaging the team to consult
• Helps develop team member/counselee knowledge by sharing new insights
Ideally you’ll also be
Entrepreneurial - Being empowered to lead, being innovative and encouraged to take ownership to create a lasting impact.
Intellectually stimulating - Getting opportunities to work on challenging assignments with premier clients and learn from the best minds in the industry.
Digitally transforming - Being prepared to aid businesses become fit for the digital world through technology enabled innovation and alliances.
Socially responsible - Making a difference by supporting communities to makethe world a better place
Pursuing passions beyond work - Encouraged to actively pursue passions beyond work.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions. You should possess excellent communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills. The role expects you to be flexible, adaptable, and creative, with willingness to travel.
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.