EY Tax Services Senior - Financial Services Organization - Private Client Services in Houston, Texas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is a leader in serving the global financial services marketplace and the only professional services firm with a separate business unit dedicated to the financial services industry – the Financial Services Organization (FSO). Our focused model and bold ambition have put us at the center of the events that continue to reshape and redefine our industry, working side by side with a range of clients from our most venerable institutions to dynamic new entrants across Banking and Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management and Insurance. Our purpose is to help build a financial services industry in which financial institutions are trusted and flourish, and the global economy is healthy, growing and secure. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve complex challenges, then come join our dynamic FSO team!
Are you living your perfect career? PCS (Private Client Services) is a growing practice within the organization, and you’ll see that growth reflected in your career. The team has a dedicated focus toward serving privately held companies and their owners. These clients span from family owned businesses to private equity owned companies. One thing they all have in common is they are high growth private companies. As many companies choose to no longer go public, this is an ever increasing and exciting group of companies from start-up companies all the way to multi-billion-dollar global private companies. With a diverse portfolio of interesting and challenging work, you’ll make an impact on some of the most technically demanding tax planning and compliance projects around. Having gained ample support and training from some of the most knowledgeable colleagues in the industry, there will be opportunities to progress to manager.
Your key responsibilities
We’ll look to you to support our managers through partners in providing tax services. You’re likely to balance your time between compliance and planning, focusing on and interacting directly with our clients. These clients will private entities (including C-Corp, S-Corp and Partnerships) as well as individuals/families with ultra-high net worth, and expectations to match. That will make you a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues.
Skills and attributes for success
· Preparing or Reviewing U.S. federal and state tax returns high net worth U.S. citizens living abroad or U.S. residents holding non-US assets, and/or Foreign nationals holding US assets.
· Preparing or Reviewing federal and state tax returns for U.S. partnerships and U.S. trusts that hold non-US assets. This includes the preparation and review of foreign reporting requirements for cross border tax compliance such as foreign partnerships, foreign corporations, foreign disregarded entities, foreign trusts, and foreign affiliate reporting.
· Providing tax research, tax memoranda drafting, and assistance in quantitative modeling for private client international tax advisory services.
· Identifying and communicating significant tax matters to Managers and Senior Managers.
· Liaising and relationship development with other service lines and other subject matter professionals.
· Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
· Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
· Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and best practice knowledge
· Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
· Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax, business or financial planning experience
· Experience with managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, corresponding with clients and billing.
· Have obtained or have active progress towards a CPA certification or membership in The Bar
· Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
· A commitment to continuing your learning
· Proficiency with tax software such as RIA, CCH IntelliConnect, BNA and/or Lexis Nexis.
· Experience with Gift, Estate and Trust tax planning and compliance is a plus.
· Willingness to travel as needed, and working in a balanced hybrid environment
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people and the companies and investments they own. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $73,800 to $121,700. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $88,600 to $138,300. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .