EY Analyst - Assurance - National - FAAS-Financial&AccountingAdv - Hyderabad in Hyderabad, India
Analyst - Assurance - National - FAAS-Financial&AccountingAdv - Hyderabad
Requisition # HYD001XB
Post Date Feb 01, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Full stack developer– Assurance – Standards and Methodologies
Location : Hyderabad
"Assurance’s purpose is to inspire confidence and trust to enable a complex world to work. We do so by protecting and serving the public interest, promoting transparency, supporting investor confidence and economic growth and nurturing talent to provide future business leaders . We help clients by :
1) Ensuring their accounts comply with the requisite audit standards
2) Providing a robust and clear perspective to audit committees and
3) Providing critical information for stakeholders.
Our Service Offerings include External Audit, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), IFRS & US GAAP conversion , IPO and other public offering, Corporate Treasury - IFRS 9 accounting & implementation support etc. "
Standard and Methodologies team is responsible for managing data and risk by performing analytics which then helps clients in driving decisions and performance. The scope of work includes:
• Data Management: Involves assessing readiness of data for analytics and managing data to enable future analytics and reporting
• Descriptive / Diagnostic Analytics: Involves mining past data to report, visualize and understand what has already happened – after the fact or in real-time
• Predictive Analytics: Leverages past data to understand the underlying relationship between data inputs and outputs to understand why something happened and to predict what will happen in the future
• Emerging Technologies: use emerging technologies such as ML & AI, process mining, custom automated techniques to address audit risks
This is done using various tool like tableau, power BI, python, visual studio, Ms SQL server etc through three key processes i.e. Audit analytic tools, Custom analytics and Audit enablement & automations
Your key responsibilities
Understand business requirements and translate them into efficient and effective websites and dashboards
• Design client-side and server-side architecture.
• Developing front end website architecture.
• Designing user interactions on web pages.
• Developing back end website applications.
• Creating servers and databases for functionality.
• Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
• Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
• Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
• Designing and developing APIs.
• Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
• Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
• Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
• Proficiency in concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, SPRING Framework
• Experience with RESTful APIs and basic authentication mechanisms
• Good knowledge of Git, Bitbucket, JIRA etc.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• B.E./ B. Tech Computer Science
• 4+ years of experience in hands on application design and development which is scalable on demand.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in front end as well as back end development.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong technical skills designing, developing, and implementing applications through logical life cycles for their portfolio of projects.
• Good communication skill and awareness of new and emerging technologies.
• Good Microsoft platform skills
• Results oriented and self-motivated.
• Strong customer service skills.
Creating Better Working World for Business by-
• Describes EY capabilities and commitments accurately when discussing possible business opportunities with external contacts
• Develops a diverse network through mutual sharing of ideas, knowledge and resources (including contacts with more senior people as well as peers)
• Researches and compiles information quickly and accurately, testing data and assumptions
• Experiments with ideas and reviews outcomes to deliver the best possible solutions
• Identifies and promotes opportunities for process improvements
• Uses relevant data to generate insights about work-in-progress and facilitates discussions about the implications for EY priorities and projects
• Clarifies how new EY platforms can positively impact current engagements and identifies ways to expand our offering to clients
• Creates discrete parts of pursuit documents to a high standard (accurate, complete, clear) and provides quality research and business development
• Demonstrates ability to lead a team and/or manage budgets effectively with some oversight
• Develops presentations that are clear and impactful, translating EY services into meaningful value propositions for client
Creating Better Working World for Clients by -
• Builds positive and credible relationships with clients with integrity and authenticity
• Understands and responds to the client’s perspective and organizational culture
• Helps clients and colleagues adjust to changes in EY processes and structures by identifying likely issues and possible responses
• Shows urgency when responding to client needs, queries and concerns
• Delivers and promotes exceptional service on engagements, applying an understanding of client needs to identify critical outcomes, barriers to success, and changes in expectations or scope
• Identifies potential problems and opportunities in delivering EY service offerings in accordance with relevant professional standards, EY policies and functional methodologies and works with team members for successful resolution
Creating a Better Working World by –
• Communicates with confidence, integrity and authenticity to build strong, positive relationships based on trust and grows professionally through learning, coaching and new experiences
• Contributes to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism toward work challenges
• Encourages others in the team to collaborate and communicate openly and honestly
• Helps people enhance their contribution by clarifying role expectations and individual efforts in the context of EY priorities
• Contributes to high-performing teaming by actively showing an understanding of diversity and how to work more inclusively
• Understands the underlying causes of other people‘s interests and differences of opinion
• Encourages colleagues to take action following feedback and offers support through questioning, listening and summarizing
• Helps team members identify learning needs and provides suggestions to meet these needs through learning, experiences or coaching
• Helps team members identify resolve sources of conflict with others
• Plans and conducts team meetings that foster open participation and focus on specific outcomes
Creating a Better Working World by exhibiting –
• Actively listens and consistently encourages others to ask better questions and share their ideas and concerns
• Drives personal development by fulfilling recommended experiences and learning curricula and regularly seeks out coaching and feedback
• Finds ways to improve the balance between personal and professional commitments and to increase understanding of personal well-being to benefit self and team members
• Can quickly understand fast-moving situations, demonstrates self-awareness when dealing with others, and adapts own approach based on differences in individual styles and backgrounds
• Pursues growth opportunities by broadening the scope of own work in agreement with supervisor
Quality and Risk Compliance
• Meets mandatory compliance, learning and other professional requirements Identifies and resolves complex issues on the engagement/ project to the satisfaction of leadership, demonstrating a broad technical skillset.
Ideally you’ll also be
• Entrepreneurial - Being empowered to lead, being innovative and encouraged to take ownership to create a lasting impact.
• Intellectually stimulating - Getting opportunities to work on challenging assignments with premier clients and learn from the best minds in the industry.
• Digitally transforming - Being prepared to aid businesses become fit for the digital world through technology enabled innovation and alliances.
• Socially responsible - Making a difference by supporting communities to make
the world a better place
• Pursuing passions beyond work - Encouraged to actively pursue passions beyond work.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions. You should possess excellent communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills. The role expects you to be flexible, adaptable, and creative, with willingness to travel.
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.