EY Business Consulting - Senior, CREAS - Construction (US-West) in Irvine, California
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This position may be located on Dallas, Houston, Irvine, Los Angeles, SanFrancisco, or Seattle
Looking to join a great team, progress your career and build a better working world? As an EY business consultant, you’ll have an ability to use your experiences to assist driving our clients’ global business performance. You will advance your skillset, lead the team in developing transformative solutions and delivering exceptional client service, all while working with some of the highest performing teams in the industry. If you are looking for an innovative environment, providing strategic advice in all areas of project management, risk management, and disputes resolution, consider a career in EY’s Construction and Real Estate Advisory Services practice.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to deliver services that manage risk, increase operational efficiencies, and create value. You will lead the team in assessing the client’s needs and will help develop innovative solutions around construction auditing, risk mitigation, project management and disputes resolution. You will learn to manage engagement teams, consult directly with clients, assess complex business problems and provide guidance to your team, and client, throughout the engagement schedule.
Skills and attributes for success
- • Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the construction industry to assist our clients in delivering their capital projects with increased efficiency and decreased risk• Lead the team in providing client-tailored solutions that enhance our construction auditing, risk mitigation, project management and disputes resolution services• Demonstrate a thorough understanding on independent construction program reviews, steering committee advisory and support, on-going project and process monitoring, and project risk assessments• Brief the engagement team on the client's construction environment and trends• Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services• Provide mentoring and motivate diverse client engagement teams by delivering constructive on-the-job coaching to team members, while fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment• Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables • Build relationships with client personnel and deliver quality client services. Strive to assist our clients uncover additional areas of opportunity and manage the business development process• Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve client
To qualify for the role you must have
- • A bachelor's or master's degree• A minimum of 3 years of construction industry related experience• Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in project management, construction industry trends, cost estimation and engineering, accounting, schedule, and procurement as it relates to complex commercial and/or residential construction management• Experience in using construction industry software applications, such as Procore, Primavera, BIM, etc. • Experience in the analysis of project cost and schedule data using construction industry techniques and software applications• Excellent written and verbal communication skills • You may be required to travel outside of your assigned office location. A valid passport is required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- • A bachelor's or master's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business Management• Proficiency in data analytics and reporting software such as SQL, Excel, Tableau, and Power BI• PMP, LEED, PE, CCIM, CPA/CA, or MRICS certification is desire
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.