EY Tax Services Senior Analyst - FSO - Fiduciary Trust Tax Estate Services in Jericho, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax Services Senior - Financial Services Office – Fiduciary/Trust & Estate Tax Administration Services (“FTEAS”): This position could be located in NY, NJ, MA, CT, IL, TX, TN, CA
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
FTEAS provides fiduciary/court accounting services for trusts and estates serving banks, law firms, family offices, and individual and professional trustees throughout the United States. The Senior plays an integral role in the success and growth of the FTEAS business. Responsibilities include preparation of complex trust & estate fiduciary accountings; managing client relationships; maximizing operating efficiency; and maintaining profitability. Incumbent will ensure compliance with all EY processes and procedures and when requested, assist with special projects.
Your key Responsibilities:
As a Senior in FTEAS, you will be responsible for the preparation of complex trust and estate accountings and perform complex calculations and reconstruction when required. You will also research of state specific principal and income acts when needed. Other responsibilities include managing client relationships and retaining client good will, and participation in business development initiatives, when requested and build relationships with potential new clients.
Skills and attributes for success:
· Commitment to client satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to client needs and compliance requirements, thereby enhancing long-term working relationships.
· Building and maintain strong relationships with internal EY groups to assist with cross-selling FTEAS and other EY lines of business.
· Facilitate communications and provide assistance to team members by sharing knowledge, offering advice, and making decisions to meet engagement deliverables.
· Develop operational efficiencies to deliver timely high-quality services and work products.
· Contribute to a flexible, stable and team oriented working culture.
· Complete self- study courses to maintain and enhance knowledge of fiduciary accounting and software applications, and to meet Firm continuing education requirements.
· Meet all required deliverable deadlines.
· Work to ensure all projects are properly and timely billed and oversee follow-up with clients regarding bill collections.
To Qualify for the role you must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline
· CPA or paralegal is a plus
· 8+ years of fiduciary/court accounting experience at a bank, law firm or CPA firm.
· Experience working with complex assets and large trusts and estates.
· Experience working with family offices a plus.
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability.
· Willingness to travel as needed, and working in a balanced hybrid environment
Ideally you will also have:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent technical fiduciary accounting skills.
· Experienced at reviewing IRS Forms 706, 1041 and K-1s.
· Understanding of complex investments and tax concepts.
· Understanding of trust structures and trust terminology.
· Ability to review and interpret trust agreements and estate planning documents.
· Ability to research state specific principal and income acts and other relevant state laws.
· Strong client interaction skills.
· Proficient with software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, company specific systems and fiduciary trust software.
· Understanding of fiduciary tax law and concepts required to prepare fiduciary/court accountings.
What we look for
· Decisions made by the Senior include the review of prior accountings, interpretation of trust and estate documents; reviewing and interpreting accounting concepts and state/local filing requirements; reviewing tax documents; reviewing bank, brokerage statements and other documents in connection with the preparation of
accountings; developing and applying processes to meet the needs of the engagements and the business in general.
· Responsible for compliance with EY practices and procedures ensures that FTEAS is operating within established EY guidelines, contributing to the success of the overall EY business.
· Utilizing technical knowledge and industry experience, prepare and self-review all accountings before submission to the Manager or Senior Manager for final review and sign-off.
· Successful performance in this position is dependent on possessing strong technical skills; the management of client relationships and the engagements assigned; overseeing of staff; business development; and accuracy of pricing and delivering the engagements.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $56,800 to $93,800. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $68,200 to $106,600. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .