EY Compliance Officer Africa in Johannesburg, South Africa
Compliance Officer Africa
Core Business Services
Requisition # JOH0027C
Post Date Sep 28, 2018
Who we are
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference
· Provide input in drafting and review of key governance documents in line with applicable legislation.
· Research and implement governance requirements in SA and foreign jurisdictions.
· Interpret Companies Act and related legislation for compliance purposes.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
· Work with all Member firms in Africa, including South Africa, to determine their compliance program, assist with drafting policies, risk management plans for relevant legislation and training on legislation and policy requirements.
· .Implement data privacy compliance within Africa.
· Implement AML compliance within Africa.
· Take minutes of meetings if required.
· Manage data privacy compliance within Africa, with specific focus on EU GDPR and POPI in SA.
· Communicate, train and facilitate implementation of group compliance initiatives. Developing internal compliance programs based on the findings from analysis of the current situations and to provide training to the employees. Consult and advise business departments regarding compliance related actions. Finding, analyzing and making proposals to mitigate compliance related risks and reporting on these.
· Manage the Compliance sharepoint site.
· Grade 12
· Legal Qualification or a Compliance Management Diploma
· Quality orientated
· Problem solver
· Good communication
· Planning and organising skills
· 5 years of experience in compliance a must
· Working knowledge of Data Privacy / POPI / AML a must
Other Personal Characteristics
· Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
· High level of self-confidence and energy.
· High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience.
· Pragmatic with strong business acumen.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.