EY Cyber Security Assistant Manager in Johannesburg, South Africa
Cyber Security Assistant Manager
Requisition # JOH002ZO
Post Date May 24, 2021
With rapidly changing cybersecurity threats, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for their increasingly complex risks. You will have access to our robust solutions to advise clients on managing cybersecurity risk, enhancing trust in systems & data, and improving efficiency. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex cybersecurity needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
We are actively seeking Consultants/ Senior Consultants to join our Cybersecurity team. You’ll work alongside respected industry professionals, learning about and applying leading practices to better manage cybersecurity people, process and technology capabilities. You’ll gain insights into the design and operations of cybersecurity programs and strategies in a variety of industries and learn how to design measurable, sustainable programs to keep up with the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape.
As a Consultant/ Senior Consultant, you'll contribute technically to cybersecurity client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish internal and external relationships. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly, you'll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EY's commitment to quality, you'll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
Skillsand attributes for success
• Participate in cybersecurity engagements
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
• Participate and assist in preparing for meetings with target management teams
• Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Build strong internal relationships within EY Technology Consulting and with other services across the organization
Toqualify for the role, you must have
• 4 years relevant industry experience.
· Undergraduate or masters’ degree preferably in one of the following areas Business Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, and other related majors
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with key components of cybersecurity such as network & infrastructure security, access and identity management, threat detection, incident response, vulnerability management, security governance, risk and compliance, security architecture, data protection, cloud security and others.
• Solid knowledge of commonly used frameworks and standards used in cybersecurity
• Practical experience with conducting threat and risk assessments
• Excellent analytical skills
• Regulatory experience, including Privacy, desired
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills
Ideally,you’ll also have
· Relevant Cyber security certificates
Whatwe look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
Whatworking at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteriaabove, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.