EY Financial Services Senior Manager for TARAS / GCR in Johannesburg, South Africa
Financial Services Senior Manager for TARAS / GCR
Requisition # JOH001QJ
Post Date Feb 14, 2018
Description of Role
As a Senior Manager you will manage tax audits, with the focus on financial services clients. This entails sourcing of staff, negotiating budgets and setting scope and having good tax technical knowledge. In addition, you will service channel 2 clients in advisory and compliance work including local clients and international clients and drafting of opinions. This will include visiting a channel 2 client twice a week to support management with technical and compliance issues.
Additional support to the Transaction Tax team across Africa on FS Due Diligence assignments will also be a requirement.
· Run tax audits from planning to reporting phase. Identify other opportunities at clients and grow revenue is the audit and non-audit space
· Build relationships with the Assurance team and clients
· Build pipeline, on channel 1 clients and channel 2 work in the financial services space
· Manage a leveraged team of 8 - 10 professionals and delegate work down to improve margin, coach team and provide on the job FS training
Qualifications & Experience
· Must have knowledge of audit methodology
· Trained on GAMX, preferably have Financial Services experience, and be independent of Investec (i.e. do not have an Investec bank account or Investments)
· Insurance industry experience advantageous
· Must have financials services experience, particularly in banking and capital markets and a good understanding on the impact of tax and regulatory legislation on clients
· Good understanding of financial services products including financial instruments
· Tax compliance knowledge and an interest in FATCA and Common Reporting Standards compliance issues.
· Excel skills and appreciation and willing to learn about of tax technology solutions
Skills and Behavioural Attributes
Must be passionate about financial services and confident to have discussions with the client around complex matters. Able to work on non-Financial Services clients. Able to delegate, coach and provide on the job training to juniors.
Who we are:
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.