EY Consultant - Tax - TMT - BTA Standard Services-Generic - Kochi in Kochi, India
Consultant - Tax - TMT - BTA Standard Services-Generic - Kochi
Requisition # KOC002NX
Post Date Feb 09, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Consultant – Direct Tax
Due to continuing expansion we have new opportunities for ambitious individuals to join our Tax Team. You will receive extensive training and support from a variety of leading tax professionals to assist you in building a successful career within EY.
Your key responsibilities
• Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service. Team with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
• Representing the firm for assessments and tribunal appeals at the CIT/ITAT level.
• Experience in domestic and/or international tax and transfer pricing.
• Experience in litigation, tax compliance and advisory.
• Experience in corporate laws, SEBI/FEMA regulation etc.
• Research complex tax theory and positions, and apply them to specific client needs.
• Provide comprehensive knowledge and reviews of tax case laws and develop opinion papers.
• Determine all information required to ensure/complete accurate tax compliance products within the budget. Formulate a plan to gather/communicate information. Determine areas of exposure and adapt to challenges in the compliance process.
• Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent managerial, organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate degree, preferably with an emphasis in economics, finance or statistics;
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience
• A certified CA/CS/LLB with at 0 - 1 years of post-qualification experience in direct corporate tax
Ideally you’ll also have
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.