EY Transaction Tax Advisory, Senior Associate in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Transaction Tax Advisory, Senior Associate
Requisition # KUA0026K
Post Date Jul 10, 2019
The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda – Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY’s market strategy and a huge opportunity for the business and EY professionals.
The Transaction Tax Advisory (“TTA”) competency is comprised of teams focused on the tax aspects of the client’s capital agenda. We have dedicated professionals focused on buy-side due diligence, structuring, and cash tax modelling; sell-side tax assistance, structuring, and cash tax modelling; internal restructuring; capital structure and refinancing; distressed debt and bankruptcy; and tax attribute calculations and monetization strategies. The International Corporate Tax Advisory competency (“ICTA”) is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing.
The coordinated go-to market and service approach of ICTA and TTA is unmatched in the market. It will offer you significant learning and development within the transaction landscape as well as international cross border transactions. Our mission is to develop the strongest technicians, commercial market-facing tax professionals and subject matter resources that are viewed by clients as trusted advisors.
You’ll team with EY professionals and client stakeholders to advise many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals. You’ll be advising clients throughout the transaction lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the tax risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions. With our range of services in ITTS, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
As a Senior Associate within the Transaction Tax Advisory team, you will:
· Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and structuring engagements related to transactions for private equity and strategic corporate clients
· Assist in the review and analysis of the tax aspects of acquisition and merger agreements and draft tax opinion letters and memoranda
· Identify and analyse tax risks and opportunities while advising on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses
· Review, assess, and advise clients regarding tax computations reflected in their financial models; and assist clients in the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the tax data in their financial projections for the transaction
Skills andattributes for success
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
· Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualifyfor the role you must have
· A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience in transaction tax or a related field
· Strong presentation and report writing skills
Ideally,you’ll also have
· A professional qualification in tax
· Strong analytical skills, able to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions
· Tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience and/or inbound and outbound transaction consulting with international tax research, planning and compliance experience
What we lookfor
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader/team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What workingat EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you canconfidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us assoon as possible.
Join us inbuilding a better working world.