EY Data Architect – Data Agenda ( Senior Manager ) based in London in London, United Kingdom
Data Architect – Data Agenda ( Senior Manager ) based in London
Core Business Services
Requisition # LON00DRJ
Post Date Apr 09, 2018
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) – EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
The Data Architect will partner with business architects and analysts, to understand enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
In partnership with the IT leadership team, identify opportunities and risks for architecting the company's products, applications and infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services and opportunities for innovation.
In partnership with other architects, facilitate the evaluation and selection of candidate software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
Review responses to RFPs and proposed solutions for feasibility of architectural requirements and compliance with client standards and policies.
Consult with other members of the extended architecture team to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs and/or request an exception to architecture standards.
Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture, technology trends) and financial impact of the proposed solution.
Responsible for the end to end design and implementation of products and services in the portfolios to include design, development and delivery of a set of complex applications to meet specific business needs.
Participate in sessions relating to capacity planning and installation of/migration to technologies.
Define best practices in the critical evaluation and selection or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data.
Leverage reference architecture libraries to develop detailed component specifications that meet project specific needs.
Produce architecture design for particular initiatives / projects and needs by keeping in mind architectural principles like high quality, performance, modularity, availability, reliability, scalability, integrity of the solution.
Experience creating solution architecture deliverables, e.g., system context, use cases, other and integrating these deliverable with other requirements deliverables/teams, e.g., requirements, process documents, etc
Requires ability to communicate to development teams to ensure downstream agile/other team handoffs
Deep understanding of SOA, Web Services, System Integration, Design Patterns, Data Management, Databases, BI, IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture principles.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in variety of environments
• Interactions with various levels if IT and client serving teams.
• Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment
• A good level of managerial competence
• Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent people skills
• Excellent awareness of different cultures and working practices across the regions
• Good presentation skills with ability to present material clearly and concisely to senior and/or executive management
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Broad understanding of global environments, including regional issues and differences.
• Demonstrated experience working with a distributed international team, across cultures and time zones with minimal supervision
• Experience with IT architecture development
• Strong ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Meet business objectives, solve business problems and further business success by applying industry, applications and technical knowledge through the definition of high level solutions. In addition he/she may work proactively with the business to define new product developments.
Additional skills requirements:
• Identify areas where data can be used to improve business activities, defining business users’ requirements. Then, using their understanding of data flows, propose and implement innovative data solutions.
• Work closely with the database engineers to create optimal physical data models of datasets, create and maintain data maps and systems interrelationship diagrams for data domains and systems
• Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies for the organization for which they work. Set standards for document naming, security, and lifecycle & retention architecture.
• Make recommendations for standardization and proper data usage. Champion the usage of data in business, and communicate the benefits and return on investment for application and product owners.
• Solid comprehension of Agile and one or more frameworks under the Agile umbrella such as Scrum or Kanban
• Must demonstrate leadership in a dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
• Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
• Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team.
• Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
• Customer focused with ability to identify and understand customer's needs.
• Able to adapt to change at short notice.
• Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business.
• A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing own time effectively. Ability to perform under pressure and to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Assertive in potentially difficult situations, engaging diplomacy where necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written (including presentation) communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Able to build relationships and network at all levels.
• Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
• Able to think laterally to consider options which will optimize the requirements of the business.
• Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results. Displays motivation, commitment, perseverance and conscientiousness
• Fluent English skills in speech and writing.
• Communicative personality.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Self-supporting and independent attitude.
• Be comfortable with ambiguity and work to reduce this ambiguity wherever possible within all work output
• Experience of working in large green field programs.
• Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
• Establishes functional objectives and delegates assignments.
• Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and team members.
• Due to our global organization and global operating model there may be cross border reporting lines (no direct team lead within the country).
• This position may have direct reports in different locations.
• Your manager may be based in another country.
As this is a role with global focus and responsibilities, you may be required to work outside of the normal working hours in your time zone in order to partner with other IT Services staff globally. This role may also include travel, both domestic and international.
• Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Expertise in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
• Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
• Knowledge of the mathematical foundations of statistical inference and forecasting such as time series analysis, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, and optimization
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt modeling methods from case studies or other proven approaches
• Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools to represent insights
• Experience working with dimensionally modelled data
• Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas
• Have experience in analysing client needs and delivering solutions, technology and architecture design and support to managed services in a sales cycle / Pre-sales.
• Be proficient in assessing options (e.g. risk, performance and cost-benefit) and informing decision-makers with persuasive visualizations based upon assessment outputs.
• TOGAF Certified
• Open CA Level 1 Certified
• Leading SAFe Certified
• SAFe for Teams Certified