EY GRC, WAM, Senior Manager, Financial Services, London in London, United Kingdom
GRC, WAM, Senior Manager, Financial Services, London
Requisition # LON00E4S
Post Date Jun 05, 2018
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Process and Controls Senior Manager, you’ll help make this happen. That will mean using your expertise and client facing experience and working with our Directors and Partner to help clients within the Wealth Asset Management arena. You will help them to ensure that their Internal Controls are fit for purpose and help them prepare for Audit.
You will perform internal audit and risk advisory projects in accordance with the client’s risk management strategy and EY's internal audit methodologies. You’ll have the opportunity to work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in the asset management industry. Joining this growing team will enable you to work on a range of projects which will help you broaden your skills and learn from a high preforming professionals in your field.
Your key responsibilities
• Secure and enhance relationships with senior client management (including Heads of Internal Audit, Chief Executives and Audit Committee Chairs).
• Deliver audits and take overall responsibility through wrap-up and final report delivery.
• Manage day-to-day client relationships and expectations by delivering value and providing knowledge and insight for improving their business.
• Ensure client deliverables meet with internal Quality & Risk Management expectations.
• Maintain active communication with both partners/directors and clients to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
• Understand our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
• Assist partners/directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships.
• Contribute to Thought Leadership articles published internally and externally.
• Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training FS Risk professionals
• Manage engagement economics and communicate significant issues, fees and estimates to complete to partners and clients.
• Lead reviews and oversee the work of others.
Skills and attributes for success
• Significant experience within an investment/asset management company or through serving relevant clients via a professional services firm
• Project management experience relating to risk projects in investment management firms
• Business consulting experience, with client liaison experience and strong commercial awareness
• Regulatory supervision - knowledge or experience of supervisors activity on risk management related matters
• Experience of risk assessment, mitigation and remediation
• Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong academic record including at least a 2.1 classified degree or equivalent, a professional qualification would be advantageous
• Strong understanding of the investment management industry:
o Front Office - Investment process, portfolio management and broking.
o Middle Office – Distribution, client reporting and performance analytics
o Back Office – Investment accounting, Clearing and settlement and Corporate actions
• Solid understanding and experience of process and controls in particular from performing internal audit reviews:
o Knowledge of process mapping and process analysis
o Internal audit, COSO, data analytics, computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs), continuous control monitoring (CCM), internal controls, financial reporting and financial crime.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Great communication skills
• The ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
• A real desire to work as part of a team
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specializing with Internal Audit matters. You will have strong experience of Wealth Asset Management and an understanding of Front, middle and back Office as well as a sound understanding of products and procedures. In addition to this you will be an experienced in audit compliance, techniques and methodologies.
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. For you this will mean you have greater control over the work you are involved in and you will gain from exceptional training and coaching provided at EY. Feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.