EY Manager - Tax Technology & Transformation (Indirect Tax) in London, United Kingdom
Manager - Tax Technology & Transformation (Indirect Tax)
Requisition # LON00GDP
Post Date Jun 11, 2019
Tax departments today face more challenges than ever before. Against the backdrop of these the challenges, the top issue on the minds of tax and finance directors is how to operate efficient and effective tax departments.
EY’s EMEIA Tax Centre Tax Transformation and Technology (ETC TTT) provides companies with support and advice around the automation of their VAT processes, for instance VAT support during ERP implementations, system reviews, AP automation, compliance automation, etc. TTT works with an extensive range of clients, across EMEIA including many of the FTSE100 and the major Fortune 500 and our clients recognize our unique value to ‘Explore the possible’ and assist them to enable the change.
· Manage the successful delivery of Indirect Tax Technology projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business-driven approach taken:
§ Indirect Tax aspects of ERP implementations and ERP streamlining on Pan European basis (SAP, Navision, Oracle, etc.)
§ Indirect Tax reviews of ERP systems (VAT Healthchecks)
§ Integration and implementation of 3rd party software solutions that focus on Indirect Tax automation and monitoring
§ Digital tax administration: e-invoicing, SAF-T, real-time reporting, etc.
Build andmaintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of clientservice
Buildrelationships both within the firm and externally with clients,identifying opportunities and growing your network
Contributeto winning new work by supporting the business development and salesprocess, working with VAT client relationship owners
Beinvolved in actively mentoring and counseling your team members
Manage aclient portfolio and assist in the creation of new products and offeringsbeing involved in business development initiatives.
Skillsand attributes for success
· Management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
· Strong and motivated team player
· Supporting with the operational management of the team and also through managing employee development and assignments
· Excellent communicator in a range of situations
· Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
· Effective time management - ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines
· Proven ability to analyse and create innovative solutions to problems
Toqualify for the role you must have
· A Master's Degree in a business-related discipline (e.g. Economics, Engineering, IT, etc.) or a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy/Tax
· Comprehensive experience (5 to 8 years) in the profession and specialized in one or more of the following areas:
§ Indirect Tax compliance and reporting
§ Development and/or implementation of tax technology
§ Tax performance improvement
· Strong communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset;
· Motivated learner eager to explore new challenges (e.g. tax skills, ERP systems, etc).
Whatwe look for
Our services are different from other tax advisory services as you will need to combine both indirect tax and technology skills. The work requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses so you’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of indirect tax performance improvements methodologies possibly specializing in the configuration of tax technologies or having an understanding of ERP software (SAP, Oracle).
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.