EY Senior Consultant - HR Transformation & Technology - PAS, Payroll Advisory (UKI) in London, United Kingdom
Senior Consultant - HR Transformation & Technology - PAS, Payroll Advisory (UKI)
Requisition # LON00DZJ
Post Date Jan 14, 2019
Senior Consultant - HR Transformation & Technology - PAS - Payroll Advisory - UK&I
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people’s capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining individual talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
Our HR Transformation (HRT) offering is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on assisting clients build HR functions that are business-focused, cost-effective, and agile in meeting the needs of all of their stakeholders. Key to many of our HRT engagements is the identification, evaluation and deployment of the right payroll service delivery model to support our clients’ business agenda.
As a member of our HRT team and specifically with a focus on payroll advisory, you will join a talented group of professionals that help clients in a number of areas. These include Payroll strategy, vendor evaluation, implementation of payroll technology solutions and optimisation of existing platforms. In all of these areas, our focus is on achieving business outcomes for our clients as opposed to simply delivering a technical answer.
Your key responsibilities
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact within business and help transform some of the world's most respected commercial and public sector organisations building upon your existing experience of working with HR Technology either in-house with a blue chip organisation, or a Big 4 or leading management consultancy.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be a key resource on large-scale payroll related projects. In this role, you should be able to deliver quality client service, analyse complex problems and deliver insightful solutions. You will also be expected to have excellent communication skills, integrate into new teams and rapidly establish relationships. More specifically, the successful candidate should demonstrate a specialism in one or more of our range of services:
• Development and delivery of a global payroll strategy that aligns payroll delivery to support the needs of the business agenda
• Selection and development of Payroll enabling technology and data solutions – including the management of change and capability building in solutions for the business including on premise, cloud and on-point solutions
• End-to-end process evaluation to identify opportunities for process improvement and risk mediation
• Management of Payroll organisation design - creating an organisation design that determines effective organisation solutions to support the desired business outcomes
• Payroll transition management to support an organisation in transitioning to its future state model
• Culture and behavioural change - embedding cultural and behavioural change across an organisation to ensure that benefits are maintained
• Leadership coaching - creating change leaders who are skilled and willing to drive change at all levels in the organisation
• To successfully support selling, designing and delivering performance improvement of Payroll functions and workforce transformation programmes in all sectors
• To solve client business issues and problems
• To demonstrate an understanding of Payroll operational environments in businesses.
• To win and sustain client confidence
• To demonstrate an understanding of project and programme management leading practices.
• To demonstrate Payroll market insights in areas such as Cloud, SaaS and enabling workforce tools
• To capture new business opportunities and help develop client relationships
Skills and attributes for success
• Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
• Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
• Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
• Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
• Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
• Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
To qualify for the role you must have
• Breadth of experience in large-scale Payroll transformation programmes and projects
• Either relevant management consultancy experience working in either Big 4 or a global management consultancy firm or an in-house blue chip organisation with demonstrable experience of delivering payroll transformation workstreams or projects
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A primary degree (from a leading university preferred) and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are also desirable but not critical e.g. CIPD
• Experience of working with ADP, NGA, Workday, and SuccessFactors
What we look for
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture individual talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of Talent for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.