EY Senior International Tax Advisor in London, United Kingdom
Senior International Tax Advisor
Requisition # LON00I37
Post Date 2 days ago
Job Title: Senior International Tax Advisor
Start Date: 25/03/2020
Closing Date: 22/04/2020
Number of Positions: Multiple position available
Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you’ll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
The International Tax Services team has advised on some of the major market transactions with top FTSE multinationals and continues to secure some of the most interesting work in the market. The work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the global international tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand in the market for the international tax services. We have teams aligned to four sectors, being:
Telecoms, Media and Technology
Products & Services
Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction
You will be working with some of the sector leading Partners who are well known and respected in the market. You’ll also be working with a high performing team who have advised on many high profile and market leading transactions over the past few years.
It is a great time to join the ITS team who have expanded exponentially in recent years and are continuing to grow. With a number of disrupting factors in the market at the moment you’ll be at the forefront of helping our clients to navigate the market challenges on an international scale.
The combination of experience and innovation in our team makes it not only one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and develop into a skilled and renowned international tax adviser, working with UK / overseas MNCs, lawyers and banks on complex and exciting projects.
Our international tax professionals will work on a variety of projects which are focused on helping clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy, including:
• Expansion into new markets
• Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
• Legal structure rationalisation
• Operating model redesign
• Optimisation of capital structure and financing
• Optimisation of intellectual property ownership and reliefs
• Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS, and
• Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Your key responsibilities
• You’ll manage the successful delivery of international tax services engagements, committing to taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence.
• Committed to building and maintaining relationships with our clients and provide high levels of client service.
• Spot opportunities and involve colleagues to help us continuously develop our commercial proposition to our clients.
• Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients and engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
• Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
• Enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude to work
• Strong and motivated team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
• Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
• Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
• Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
• Effective time management - ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
• Project management skills to plan and prioritise work, as well as meet deadlines
• Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have
Educated to a Degree level
Experienced International Tax Practitioner
You’ll have one of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA / Law Qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Experience of working on International Tax projects
• Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Commitment for support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer andwe are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achievethe right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent clientservice whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing yourpersonal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required totravel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible workingarrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.