EY Senior Manager, Cyber Privacy, London in London, United Kingdom
Senior Manager, Cyber Privacy, London
Requisition # LON00D6Y
Post Date Dec 20, 2017
EY is recognised as a leading independent provider of technology, security, and risk advisory services, supporting organisations to address the challenges of governance, transformation, regulatory compliance and maximising value for money. EY has a global network of over 6000 IT assurance and advisory professionals with 350 technical advisors in the UK alone. We have the highest number of Certified Information Privacy Professionals (CIPPs) worldwide.
In response to strong market demand, and to support the ongoing growth of our data privacy team, we are seeking additional individuals with strong privacy skills to enhance our existing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the future growth of our practice and work with a broad range of clients across many different sectors.
Your key responsibilities
The role will involve working with a variety of clients and industries, alongside practitioners from across EY, on a variety of privacy assurance and advisory projects. You will lead privacy assessments and manage teams to deliver privacy programmes, often with limited supervision.As an ambassador for the privacy team, you will need to build a strong network internally and exceed our clients' high expectations.
You will have responsibility for:
· Leading a portfolio of privacy engagements with our clients, reporting to a Director, responsible for the day to day running of the engagements and the team’s output, to deliver the highest quality Privacy solutions and services
· Contributing to developing the market for Privacy services across all sectors and identifying sales opportunities, escalating these to senior management
· Establishing and building client relationships with senior stakeholders across the FTSE 350 market
· Working with prospective clients to identify opportunities and scope engagements and creating high quality proposals
· Advocating and championing the EY Privacy proposition internally to our network of colleagues and to our clients and the wider market
· Managing engagements, monitoring hours worked, and ultimately responsible for billing EY’s services to our clients
· Contributing to the development of the existing privacy team, acting as mentor and coach to the junior members of the team and leading by example
· Contributing to the latest thought-leadership, industry research, and creation of marketing collateral relating to cyber security
· Managing production of reports and via review ensuring the highest quality deliverables prior to Director / Partner review
Privacy Senior Managers work with clients as a business advisor. This involves working with senior client management teams from within business operations, information security and IT to:
· Assess risks, using recognised sources of threat intelligence as well as business impact assessments
· Assess management of privacy, covering people, physical, process and technology aspects
· Advise on and, where required, manage the transformation and improvement of the privacy programme in a client organisation
· Advise on and implement performance management and assurance frameworks for privacy
In addition to engagement-specific responsibilities, you will form part of the wider Information Security team, and make a proactive contribution to areas such as learning and development, knowledge sharing, current technologies, methodologies and the ongoing expansion of the privacy and wider information security team.
Skills and attributes for success
To be a Senior Manager in our practice, you will already be working as a Privacy practitioner. You will already have some experience of market facing business development activity and will assist with winning work.We seek high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations.
Highly motivated and a good communicator, you will need to convey technical content in business language with senior management. You’ll also need to be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career, but recognises the value in developing others and strengthening the team.
There is a high degree of variety in the work, so the ability to be flexible and adaptable is key. Our work covers several sectors, notably the UK Government, Utilities, Oil & Gas, Energy, Consumer Products and Pharma industries. Whatever the industry and focus for our assignments, the expectation is for technical excellence, combined with strong commercial understanding.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Strong academic record, to degree level or equivalent industry experience
· Privacy related qualification such as CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT
· Project and programme related qualifications: Prince II, Scrum, Agile
· Experience with Tools such as Archer, GRC tools
We are looking for individuals who have in depth experience in data privacy with exposure in the following areas:
· Strong knowledge of international privacy laws and regulations
· Awareness of current frameworks, technologies, emerging trends, and best practices related to data privacy
· Experience of implementing privacy and information security programs including requirements definition, data flow analysis, risk assessments, and strategy development such as policies and procedures, business process controls, incident response plans, monitoring, reporting, and training and awareness programs
· Project management or have led the rollout of a Privacy Program, Privacy Assessments, and Gap assessments
Ideally, you’ll also have
· High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
· Intellectual strength and flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
· Ability to engage with stakeholders at C-suite level and manage large cross-functional projects
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
· Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, and technical writing skills, with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
A Big 4 background or comparable management consulting experience is advantageous, although some of our strongest performers come directly from industry. Candidates with excellent industry experience and demonstrable success managing transformation work streams, and proven experience of conducting cyber discussions at senior manager level,are also encouraged to apply.
What we look for
Highly motivated, a good communicator you will need to convey technical content in business language with senior management. You’ll also need to be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career, but recognises the value in developing others and strengthening the team.
Core consulting skills - Advanced data & evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation & continuous improvement
Technical skills - Strong technical insight, practical knowledge & capability in your specialist capability
Versatility - Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.