EY Senior Manager, Finance Change Delivery - EPM in London, United Kingdom
Senior Manager, Finance Change Delivery - EPM
Requisition # LON00IMS
Post Date Dec 01, 2020
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Manager level consultant with a strong delivery track record in EPM who is able to leverage technology-based solutions to deliver business outcomes, for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with a variety of UK clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Manager within our Finance Business Consulting team you will specialise in offering leadership, insight and advice to Finance clients and lead large scale EPM implementations. You will be making a valued contribution to the continued success of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the business.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Leading the delivery of large and complex end to end EPM
· Leading the translation of clients technical and accounting requirements to application configuration in the Enterprise Planning & Budgeting, Financial Consolidation and Close and Cost spectrum
· Partner with key roles to create well-defined solutions that are aligned to client`s Business and IT Strategies and leverage common solutions and services to meet key project goals
· Leading and implementing business readiness and post-implementation support as per client’s changing requirements post go-live
· Managing onshore and offshore delivery teams including reviewing / challenging outputs produced by team members and providing guidance to junior team members
· Being responsible for the financial management of client engagements
· Driving innovation by creating an environment that encourages innovation and being a leader in this area by implementing new and improved ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
· Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and bringing firmwide offerings to clients
· Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff as well as monitoring staff availability, chargeability and supporting the development of less utilised staff
· Leading business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients, leading proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals
· Leading the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
· Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
· Keeping up to date with industry news and developments
· Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
Typical experiencemay include, whilst not limited to:
· Significant hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, major systems integrator or top tier consulting firm within financial services (Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance), or a transformation change role in industry- min 3 EPM end t end implementations Planning & Budgeting and Financial consolidation & Cost processes add MI & Visualisation
· A background in Finance, Risk/Regulation or Treasury
· Experience of working within the Finance or Accounts department with good understanding of the Planning & Budgeting and Financial consolidation & Cost processes add MI & Visualisation
· Hands on exposure and experience to EPM programme delivery using the prevailing EPM cloud solutions (Oracle, Anaplan, Tagetik, Onestream, Adaptive Insights etc)
· Experience in leading and advising clients for roll- out of EPM systems implementation including analysis, design, implementation, testing and support models
· Extensive exposure to an EPM lifecycle (Planning, budgeting, forecast, Enterprise wide KPI & reporting framework, Profitability/cost analysis)
· Demonstrate strong insight of industry trends and leading vendors for EPM systems (Oracle, Anaplan, Tagetik, Onestream, Adaptive Insights etc)
· Experience of 6 to 8 full implementation lifecycles. Typical programmes will have included:- do not add
· Consolidation and Planning, Cost Allocation and MI projects
· Product accounting solution implementations
· Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
· Data warehousing and data management
· Finance, Risk and Treasury integration
· Finance operating model design and implementation
· Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects
EPM specific skills
· Strong ability to lead the definition and resolution of key EPM specific design decisions
· Providing key insights and challenges for KPI reviews and data visualisation
· Significant exposure to Chart of Accounts & Data Model Design
· Demonstrate proven expertise in review of functional and technical designs against business requirements and provide challenges where relevant
· Strong understanding and appreciation of how to leverage Cloud and other emerging technologies
Confident and comfortable withuncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
Demonstrate strong leadership expertise across engagement andpractice teams
Always display excellent communication and presentation skills topeople across all levels of an organisation
Able to apply logic and problem solvingto complex Finance business problems
Knowledge of the key issues andchallenges currently facing CFOs in the financial services sector
Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating theircolleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
Extremely comfortable and confidentaround senior stakeholders, internally and externally
Extremely comfortable with Excel andPowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and reportwriting, so it is critical you can work with these tools
· A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
· An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
· Technical and programme management certification, where relevant.
What workingat EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engagingcolleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’sright for you
And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are?
EY is committed to being aninclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliverexcellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career withoutsacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals canbe required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, ourflexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!