EY EY-Parthenon - Strategy Realized - Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility - Director in Los Angeles, California
EY focuses on high-ethical standards and integrity among its employees and expects all candidates to demonstrate these qualities. At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This position could be anywhere in the region.
EY-Parthenon is one of the largest global strategy consulting organizations. EY-Parthenon’s Strategy team combines deep and concentrated skills with broad executional capabilities and EY’s unmatched client relationships to deliver unique value to our clients. This balance of strengths makes EY-Parthenon Strategy the global advisor of choice for many business leaders.
EY-Parthenon’s Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility (AM&M) practice serves a wide range of clients across the industrial products, automotive, aerospace & defense, and transportation & logistics sectors. As our AM&M strategy consulting business continues to experience very rapid growth, we seek to add experienced strategy practitioners to our organization.
As a Director, you will be responsible for leading workstreams and engagements designed to help answer our corporate clients’ most-critical strategic questions. You will also have the opportunity to work on deals (commercial diligence and sell side) as well as projects focused on PE portfolio company performance improvement.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities are heavily tailored to the needs of our client in each engagement, and as such there is no “typical day” in a project. Often, you will:
· Serve as a liaison to client executives to understand their strategic vision and needs
· Exercise a wide range of skills and tools to inform the development of new strategies, including market definition / segmentation, customer and competitor research, market analyses and macroeconomic forecasting
Skills and attributes for success
· Manage and motivate workstreams and teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
· Articulate strategic insights in writing and in presentation to client executives
· Collaboratively iterate on strategies with client executives to create fit-for-purpose roadmaps that meet their needs and vision
· Develop and mentor junior team members at the Associate, Senior Associate, and Consultant levels
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A bachelor's degree with outstanding academic performance and at least 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience
· Previous management consulting experience required
· Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities
· Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment
· Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
· Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50%)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· An MBA with two years of related work experience or graduate degree with at least three years of related work experience, with a particular focus on client advisory or strategic planning within a professional services environment
· Experience managing business strategy and M&A strategic diligence projects in complex environments
· Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The base salary range for this job in all geographic locations in the US is $205,000 to $235,000. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities including veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during any part of the application process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org