EY Financial Services Audit - Insurance - Manager in McLean, Virginia
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This position could be located in NY, NJ, PA, VA, CT
Our Financial Services Organization is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm — and Insurance is a key sector within this area. With strong functional capabilities, industry-leading technology and a varied range of knowledge, our clients look to us for assurance services they can rely on every time. And as an Audit Manager, you’ll be at the heart of that goal, personally visiting high-profile clients on site to understand their unique needs and build your reputation as a trusted business advisor.
This is an area that has seen substantial investment, focused on technology, knowledge and development for assurance professionals. You’ll see tht reflected in your career, with plenty of opportunities to take on new responsibilities. That could mean developing a deep professional knowledge base in one area, or diversifying to audit in other markets such as wealth and asset management, banking, private equity and capital markets.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to balance your time between managing a team of assurance professionals across a portfolio of projects, and personally engaging with our clients. It’s the perfect role if you’re looking to diversify your professional management skills and experiences, all while further developing your leadership skills.
Skills and attributes for success
· Performing complex and specific audit procedures, while developing effective, client-focused audit strategies
· Coaching and managing a driven team of audit professional, facilitating them to have the information, tools and opportunities they need to grow
· Proactively building relationships that support our ability to provide tailored services that meet a wide range of assurance needs and contribute to new business development
· Identifying and reacting to potential risks and developing new ways to improve our products and processes that promote growth and increase revenue
· Continually updating your understanding of business trends and emerging technologies to maintain your reputation as a trusted business advisor
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, supported by significant work experience as an auditor
· A record of excellence in serving clients across the insurance industry
· A CPA certification in the work state location
· Engagement management, execution and reporting skills, and the ability to build relationships with clients with a diverse range of backgrounds
· Confidence in your ability to prioritize when managing multiple project simultaneously
· The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
· Access to reliable transportation to/from the EY office and client sites. A driver’s license is strongly recommended as ride share and public transportation options may not be available in all locations
Ideally you’ll also have
· A firm understanding of engagement economics
· A proven ability to build a network of contacts and mutual business relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders who are creative and agile thinkers, with a genuine interest in improving our audit capabilities. You’ll also need to be a capable communicator both in the boardroom and across your team. If you have the technical and personal skills to understand our clients and provide excellent services every time, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $85,300 to $156,300. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $102,400 to $177,600. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .