EY Data Architect - Manager - Tech Consulting - Location Open in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Data Architect – Payer/Provider, Manager- D&A
EY delivers unparalleled service in big data, business intelligence, and digital analytics built on a blend of custom-developed methods related to customer analytics, data visualization, and optimization. We leverage best practices and a high degree of business acumen that has been compiled over years of experience to ensure the highest level of execution and satisfaction for our clients. At EY, our methods are not tied to any specific platforms but rather arrived at by analysing business needs and making sure that the solutions delivered meet all client goals.
You will help our clients and our internal solution teams with data architecture, modelling, and design, for healthcare payer and provider clients. We’ll look to you to provide our clients with a unique data-centric perspective on key challenges, considerations, and solutions around their enterprise data landscape (including relevant external data landscapes as well). This is a high growth, high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend most of your time working with a wide variety of clients to deliver the latest data solutions that span from data and ETL architecture and modelling, to implementing their data models (conceptual to physical)
Skills and attributes for success
· Architecting, designing, and implementing data solutions (includes Big Data)
· Architecting, designing, and implementing ETL solutions (includes Big Data)
· Unifying, enriching, and analysing healthcare payer/provider data for the purpose of insights building/analytics
· Leveraging in-house data platforms as needed and recommending and building new data platforms/solutions as required aligned to defined business requirements
· Clearly communicating findings, recommendations, and opportunities to improve the data landscape - governance and other processes
· Demonstrating deep understanding of big data technology, concepts, tools, features, functions and benefits of different approaches
· Seeking out information to learn about emerging methodologies and technologies
· Clarifying problems by driving to understand the true issue
· Looking for opportunities for improving methods and outcomes
· Applying data driven approach (KPIs) in tying technology solutions to specific business outcomes
· Collaborating, influencing, and building consensus through constructive relationships and effective listening
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree and approximately three years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately two years of related work experience
· At least 3-4 years in hands-on healthcare payer and provider data architecture, modelling, and design
· In-depth design/implementation experience with standards such as FHIR, HL7, 835, 837, claims modifiers, clinical data formats (EMR/EHR), Open HER, pharmacy, Labs, facilities, care data standards, CDA, CMS Interoperability
· At least three years hands-on experience with various Cloud and Big Data technologies
· At least two years experience in implementing, automating and integrating Big Data infrastructure resources like S3, Redshift, Aurora, Kinesis, Kafka, EMR, Lambda, SNS, Azure Blob Storage Account ,SQL Data Warehouse, Microsoft Event Hubs , HDInsights, Azure Databricks, Azure Functions,Event Grid, Data Lake Analytics in an ephemeral/transient and in an elastic manner
· Hands on experience of core Operating systems like Linux RHEL, Ubuntu
· Familiarity with container technology like docker, kubernetes etc.
· Security tools/concepts like At Rest and in transit Encryption, IAM, key and certificate management etc.
· Communication is essential, must be able to listen and understand the question and develop and deliver clear insights.
· Outstanding team player.
· Independent and able to manage and prioritize workload.
· Ability to quickly and positively adapt to change.
· A valid driver’s license in the US; willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Bachelor’s Degree or above in engineering, mathematics, information systems, economics, computer science, or related disciplines
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Big Data industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .