EY Manager – Valuation, Modelling and Economics in Montréal, Canada
Manager – Valuation, Modelling and Economics
Transaction Advisory Services
Requisition # MON001SB
Post Date Jan 11, 2019
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Valuation & Business Modelling Manager you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
As part of EY's Valuation, Modelling & Economics practice we are committed to providing the highest quality services for matters such as acquisitions, divestitures, financings, reorganizations, financial reporting, dispute resolution and strategic decision making. Our team helps clients understand the value of their business, securities, intellectual property, capital equipment, intangibles, and other assets. The team also provides financial and economic insights that are critical to strategic decision making. Our services include:
• Formal valuation opinions that may be required for compliance, regulatory or other purposes.
• Fairness opinions to help companies fulfill their fiduciary duties by providing independent financial analysis for shareholders and boards of directors.
• Valuation analysis and estimates for strategic planning, tax reorganizations and a variety of other purposes.
• Financial Reporting - Recommendations of fair value of tangible and intangible assets to support financial statement assertions (e.g., purchase price allocation, goodwill impairment, asset impairment, investments in private companies, complex securities, financial instruments, etc.).
• Litigation Support - Expert assistance and advice on financial and economic issues to assist clients in resolving disputes.
• Decision Modelling - Decision analysis models for risk assessment, business planning, and other complex data analysis requirements. Services include model design, build and review.
• Analytics - Robust quantitative analysis and insight through leveraging advanced data science, mathematics, and statistical skills; to provide evidenced-based analytics that inform our clients’ strategic and operational decision making.
• Economic Advisory - Applying economic principles and models to address client needs in the areas of policy, regulation and commercial decision making.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you have the opportunity to work within our Valuation team. You will perform:
Leading and participating in valuation and financial analyses
Applying valuation theories and approaches, including: gathering relevant supporting information;
Analyzing market and research information; participating in the formulation of valuation approaches;
Developing valuation models; and preparation of formal and informal valuation reports for a variety of matters such as tax, financial reporting, valuations, and litigation matters.
This position requires experience to cultivate and manage client relationships and people management skills. You will expand and strengthen existing client relationships by participating in internal and external business development activities.
Depending on the needs of other sub-service lines within EY's Transaction Advisory Services practice, from time to time, you may be called upon to work in those sub-service lines. This position requires travel, as necessary
Skills and attributes for success
• Serve as a member of and lead on multiple client engagement teams
• Identify issues and propose solutions
• Actively contribute to report writing and detailed valuation analyses and financial modelling
• Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients
• Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards engagement team members
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business
• Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
• Ability to synthesize client information and understand key business drivers
• Demonstrated people management skills
• Strong computer and financial modelling skills
• Committed to staying at the cutting edge of financial and accounting standards.
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills; superior analytical skills; demonstrated project management skills; and an energetic attitude toward successful project completion and business development.
To qualify for the role you must have
• CPA or CPA, CA designation
• CBV and/or CFA designation
• Minimum 3 years of experience in performing valuations
• Experience cultivating and managing client relationships
• Fluent in written and oral English and French communication
Ideally, you’ll also have
• An energetic attitude toward successful project completion
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.