EY Senior Accountant, Enterprise in Montréal, Canada
Senior Accountant, Enterprise
Requisition # MON002F0
Post Date Mar 29, 2021
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Senior, you will be a professional member of our Enterprise team. Our Enterprise practice provides specialized accounting, audit and review services (audit and review engagements, notices to reader (compilation), personal and corporate taxes) to small businesses and individuals.
Your key responsibilities
Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, these enable you to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders as our Assurance senior.
Skills and attributes for success
• Prepare audit, review and compilation (notice to reader) files
• Prepare personal and corporate income tax returns and other tax slips
• Assist managers with material for client presentations
• Understand accounting, audit and review concepts and apply them to client situations
• Adapt audit and review methodologies to a range of client types
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-focused environment
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
• Perform any other related duties
To qualify for the role you must have
• University degree
• CPA, CA or CPA, CGA designation
• A minimum of three years of experience in accounting and in performing audit, review and compilation engagements
• Proficiency in Taxprep and Caseware
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
• Personal initiative with strong attention to detail
• Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with clients, team members and outside parties
• Flexibility for occasional travel within the Greater Montréal Area
• Flexibility to work additional hours as required
• Fluency in both official languages
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.