EY Senior Manager - Cybersecurity in Montréal, Canada
Senior Manager - Cybersecurity
Requisition # MON002GR
Post Date May 12, 2021
With rapidly changing cybersecurity threats, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for their increasingly complex risks. You will have access to our robust solutions to advise clients on managing cybersecurity risk, enhancing maturity, and improving efficiency. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex cybersecurity needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
We are actively seeking a Senior Manager to join our Cybersecurity team in Montreal. You’ll work alongside respected industry professionals, learning about and applying leading practices to better manage cybersecurity people, process and technology capabilities. You’ll gain insights into the design and operations of cybersecurity programs and strategies in a variety of industries and learn how to design measurable, sustainable programs to keep up with the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape.
This position falls within our IT Consulting team, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager in our Cybersecurity Consulting team, you’ll participate in multiple client engagement teams and related activities. As a member, youll deliver and lead cybersecurity and IT risk client engagements as well as internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish internal and external relationships. Youll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly, youll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EYs commitment to quality, youll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. This role requires willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-70%.
Skills and attributes for success
• Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the clients business.
• Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels.
• Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge.
• Possess good business acumen.
• Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
• Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems. Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
• Contribute to people-related initiatives, including development, coaching, recruiting, training and retaining staff
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role you must have
• Undergraduate or masters’ degree preferably in one of the following areas: Information Security, Business Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, and other related majors
• Knowledge and 8-10 years of hands-on experience with key components of cybersecurity incl. cloud security, network & infrastructure security, access and identity management, threat detection, incident response, vulnerability management, security governance, risk and compliance, security architecture, data protection, privacy, security awareness and others.
• Expert knowledge and 8-10 years of practical experience with common frameworks, standards and methodologies used in cybersecurity field
• Practical experience with conducting risk assessments and testing of controls
• Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of data analytics methods
• Possession of at least one of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA CISM
• Familiarity with or knowledge of cybersecurity in Industrial Control Systems and Operational Technology
• Bilingual – French/ English.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.