EY Senior Manager, Transaction Support - Montreal in Montréal, Canada
Senior Manager, Transaction Support - Montreal
Transaction Advisory Services
Requisition # MON001M1
Post Date Jun 29, 2018
EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Ernst & Young's Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice offers companies professional transaction experience. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. Within TAS, Transaction Support services encompass the strategic development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure, including the execution of financial due diligence. Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance, and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Senior Manager in Transaction Support in our Montreal office.
Transaction Support provides clients with the financial and strategic transaction assistance to ensure the success of their transaction. Our TS teams assist clients throughout the entire transaction process. While traditional financial due diligence is a key element of the service, TS is much broader, incorporating transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion integration.
· Participate in due diligence engagements related to acquisitions by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers.
· Analyse financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
· Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information.
· Identify issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination.
· Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements.
· Evaluate effects of seasonality on cash flow requirements. Perform industry and company research.
· Correlate due diligence findings with client valuations. Manage expectations of service. Develop people.
· Supervise staff effectively. Provide constructive feedback/training and conduct performance reviews.
· Understand/follow workplace policies.
· Use technology to continually develop knowledge and enhance E&Y service delivery.
· Generate new business opportunities.
· Understand E&Y's service lines, and new opportunities for E&Y to serve clients.
· Develop long-term relationships and networks.
To qualify, candidates must have:
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting and/or related major.
· CA or CPA certification.
· Minimum of 7 years of public accounting experience.
· Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Dedication to teamwork.
· Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
· The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel, when necessary.
EY is committed to diversity, accessibility and equity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.