EY Assistant Manager - Assurance - National - FAAS-Financial&AccountingAdv - Mumbai in Mumbai, India
Assistant Manager - Assurance - National - FAAS-Financial&AccountingAdv - Mumbai
Requisition # MUM00DMR
Post Date Mar 24, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The opportunity: Assistant Manager – Assurance – Financial Accounting Advisory Services – Mumbai
Assurance: Assurance’s purpose is to inspire confidence and trust to enable a complex world to work. We do so by protecting and serving the public interest, promoting transparency, supporting investor confidence and economic growth and nurturing talent to provide future business leaders . We help clients by :
1) Ensuring their accounts comply with the requisite audit standards
2) Providing a robust and clear perspective to audit committees and
3) Providing critical information for stakeholders.
Our Service Offerings include External Audit, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) , IFRS & US GAAP conversion , IPO and other public offering, Corporate Treasury - IFRS 9 accounting & implementation support etc.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS): EY’s FAAS team helps in determining, monitoring and disclosing financial and non-financial insights for your stakeholders. FAAS addresses the CFO’s agenda and provides CFOs, controllers, treasurers and review committees with insight and services to support compliance with evolving financial requirements and help provide transparency and trust in reporting to support better decision-making. We also help to support finance functions with robust financial data analytics and innovation through our tools.
Our services cover a wide range of accounting and reporting, transaction accounting, treasury, and corporate governance services that can make your clients business meet changing market conditions, demands for greater transparency and changing regulatory requirements. We do this by providing innovative support to inspire confidence while addressing reporting challenges that stem from the changing economic and regulatory environment.
Your key responsibilities
• Strong domain experience in financial services regulatory reporting focusing on liquidity and treasury
• Strong experience in banking sector, treasury products/operations, finance change, treasury change, financial reporting, regulatory reporting including liquidity risk reporting (LCR, NSFR, etc.)
• Experience in remediation of liquidity policy/process/controls and related documentation
• Good understanding of implementation as an experienced BA using agile method of SDLC
• Leverage domain knowledge of finance & Treasury in developing BRDs, performing UAT across life-cycle of systems like Axiom, Murex, SAP Treasury
• Strong PMO experience in above areas
• Ability to work on a diverse range of consulting projects within FS
• Strong working knowledge of MS PowerBi, SQL, automation tools like Alteryx, Python, R
• Deep understanding of the subjects to be able to interpret provisions and advise clients independently
To qualify for the role you must have
• MBA degree in Finance or a qualified chartered accountant
• 3 - 8 years of relevant post qualification work experience
Skills and attributes for success
Creating Better Working World for Business by
Creating Better Working World for Clients by
Creating a Better Working World by exhibiting
Ideally you’ll also be
• Entrepreneurial - Being empowered to lead, being innovative and encouraged to take ownership to create a lasting impact.
• Intellectually stimulating - Getting opportunities to work on challenging assignments with premier clients and learn from the best minds in the industry.
• Digitally transforming - Being prepared to aid businesses become fit for the digital world through technology enabled innovation and alliances.
• Socially responsible - Making a difference by supporting communities to make
the world a better place
• Pursuing passions beyond work - Encouraged to actively pursue passions beyond work.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions. You should possess excellent communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills. The role expects you to be flexible, adaptable, and creative, with willingness to travel.
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.