EY Associate Consultant - Business Consulting Risk - TMT - Internal Audit - Mumbai in Mumbai, India
Associate Consultant - Business Consulting Risk - TMT - Internal Audit - Mumbai
Requisition # MUM00CYN
Post Date Feb 17, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Consultant/ Senior Consultant – Performance Improvement (Banking)
EY is looking for Senior Consultant/ Consultant – Performance Improvement (Banking)
Your key responsibilities
Client service delivery/execution
• Lead role in execution of projects (Project delivery) at times multiple clients. Assume independent responsibility for smaller clients
• Manage client personnel
• Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments, with guidance from the Partner /Manager
• Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts, reviews and continually improves processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge
• Actively support business development efforts including taking proposal preparation
• Create and manage good independent relationships with clients
• Expand opportunities with existing clients, identify and acts on referrals typically in relation to service line
• Build broad networks within the firm locally and internationally
• Demonstrate industry / solution expertise
• People Management
• Be a strong team player
• Build a strong team and be a strong role model, mentor and coach
• Assist in resolving people issues
• Assist in recruiting activities
Skills and attributes for success
Experience in any of the sectors listed - Automotive, Consumer Products, Diversified industrial products, Metals and Mining, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Technology, BFSI etc.
• Problem solving, data analysis, financial analysis and modelling
• Market research (primary and secondary)
• Expertise in one or more of the areas listed - Procurement / Manufacturing / Supply Chain / Sales and Marketing / Strategy / Finance
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Client relationship building skills
• Project management
• Business development skills
• People management and development
• Staff management and development
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Power Point
• Willingness to travel for extended periods
• Flexible to adopt to a demanding lifestyle
• Able to thrive in relatively unstructured situations
• High initiative and drive, positive attitude and high commitment
• Maturity and ability to handle pressure
To qualify for the role you must have
• B.E. / B.Tech. or CA + MBA (preferably from a premier institute such as IIMs, NITIE, SP Jain, XLRI, ISB, FMS etc.) with a good academic background
• 1 to 6 years of relevant post MBA experience
• Consulting background (preferably) or Industry background (Business excellence / functional role) with expertise in at least two of the areas listed – Business transformation, Business process Re-engineering, Market assessment, Post-merger integration, Strategy and Business planning, Sales and Marketing improvement / transformation, Strategic Cost Reduction, Supply Chain Management / transformation
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.