EY Manager - Tax - TMT - Indirect Tax Conslt Standard - Mumbai in Mumbai, India
Manager - Tax - TMT - Indirect Tax Conslt Standard - Mumbai
Requisition # MUM00BQG
Post Date Dec 09, 2020
Manager – Indirect Tax
The multi-layered indirect tax levied both at the Central and State level in India is extremely complex and dynamic. Further, frequent changes in the legislation/ judicial pronouncements and the proposed change towards Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime make the analysis of a business structure from an indirect tax perspective all the more imperative. We provide assistance in identifying risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle, helping clients meet compliance obligations and business goals around the world.
As an indirect tax services professional at EY, you will help leading organizations to identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle. This will involve devising and providing recommendations to address a wide range of issues and problems and helping them to meet their compliance obligations and business goals around the world. We will give you access to the methodologies and tools required and help you to develop the skills you need to be a successful advisor. You will also gain valuable wide-ranging experience across industries and geographies and the support you need to grow and become a leader in the tax profession.
Your key responsibilities
You will handle engagements related to Indirect Tax Laws, Appeals, Tax Restructuring, Tax Advisory and Consulting pertaining to Service Tax, VAT, Excise and Customs. Your profile will also involve dealing with Indirect Tax Compliance.
• Client responsibilities:
• Understanding of client issues-Ability to discuss basic technical issues, ask appropriate questions and gather relevant information from the client. Develops rapport with the lower levels of client management; responds in a timely manner, displays commitment to outstanding client service.
• Responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements -. Analysis & Interpretation of Provisions under the Central Excise Act & Rules framed thereunder, Customs Act & Rules thereunder, Cenvat Credit Rules, Service Tax Statute, Provisions pertaining to VAT, issues relating to Classification and Valuation of Goods under Central Excise and Customs, Issues pertaining to Excise Rules, Modvat/Cenvat Credit Rules and Cenvat Accounting, Indirect Tax Compliances including VAT, Service Tax, STPI (b). Coordination with the department for obtaining approvals, registrations, etc.
• Awareness of services that the practice provides-Builds internal networks to develop understanding of service line offerings and bring potential opportunities to the attention of the team.
• Networking & Identification of opportunities-Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager. Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients.
• Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on various work related issues.
• Coordinate with the Manager/Senior Executive the planning and management of assignments.
• Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent organizational and analytical abilities and verbal/written communication skills
• Analytical ability
• Utilize technology & tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
• Understand EY and its service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Chartered Accountant / LLB or any other diploma with post qualification and/or articleship experience in indirect tax
• Minimum 6 years of relevant post qualification experience
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels)
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership. Work with team members to set goals and responsibilities for specific engagements. Foster teamwork and innovation.
• Drive performance management for self and team.
• Accuracy and high standards
• Ability to communicate and interact with clients
• Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good time management skills
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
be the best employer by 2020 a reality.