EY Senior Consultant - Business Consulting Risk - CHS - FSRM - Mumbai in Mumbai, India
Senior Consultant - Business Consulting Risk - CHS - FSRM - Mumbai
Requisition # MUM00EC4
Post Date May 10, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Consultant – Financial Services Risk Management – Credit Risk
Our Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice focuses on financial services risk management, regulatory, quantitative, technology backgrounds. The breadth of experiences of FSRM professionals enables the practice to coordinate the delivery of a broad array of risk management services to capital market participants throughout the world in a well integrated manner.
Within FSRM, the Credit Risk and Capital Management Advisory team assists clients in addressing various credit risk measurement and management challenges that range beyond traditional methodology design, ownership and ongoing surveillance roles. These also include more strategic governance issues, portfolio management and reporting, and technology and people processes.
Our FSRM team is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential.
Your key responsibilities
• Participate in large scale client engagements
• Consistently deliver quality client services
• Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
• Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
• Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the clients business
• Identify new business opportunities
• Understand the firm and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients
• Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks
• Develop relationships with team members across all the firms’ practices to serve client needs
• Advise clients on a number of credit risk and capital related topics. These areas include:
o Application Scorecards, Behavioral scorecards, rating models, cash flow simulation models
o PD, LGD &EAD models
o Application of analytics in loan life cycle in customer analytics, collections, recoveries, retention etc.
o Portfolio loss rate forecasting etc.
o Economic capital modeling, stress testing models development
o IFRS9 Model Validation and review support on audit assignments
o Development, implementation or review of IFRS 9 frameworks/systems/tools
o Support on credit monitoring and early warning signal systems
o Review & Development of ICAAP documents/framework
o Development of credit and credit risk policies/procedure documents
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong experience of statistical modeling in atleast one of the following tools/languages is preferable
o SAS Base/EG/E-miner
• Strong Excel/VBA skills is a must.
• Ability to explain complex frameworks/statistical models to senior management.
• In addition to core competencies in credit risk measurement and management, a thorough understanding of some or all of the following would be an asset:
o Credit lifecycle within a commercial bank
o Credit risk management infrastructures
o Economic capital and RAPM
o Integration of economic capital into performance measurement frameworks (e.g. Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC), Shareholder Value Added (SVA)
o Enterprise Risk Management
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelors degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience; or a masters degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience
• A degree in engineering, Statistics or Econometrics or a related discipline; an M.Stat is preferred
• 2- 8 years of relevant work experience
• Experience of working in the credit risk/credit/ERM domain
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Broad consulting and project management skills, effective written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to travel to meet client needs
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.