EY Senior Project Consultant - Business Consulting Risk - CHS - FSRM - Mumbai in Mumbai, India
Senior Project Consultant - Business Consulting Risk - CHS - FSRM - Mumbai
Requisition # MUM00CT8
Post Date Feb 06, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Senior Consultant/ Consultant – FS RAS
EY is looking for Senior Consultant/ Consultant – FS RAS. The person would be responsible for executing client related engagements in the areas of governance, risk & compliance (GRC), internal audits, process reviews, standard operating procedures, enterprise risk management, revenue assurance, SOX 404 & Clause 49 assistance.
Your key responsibilities
Service Delivery Related
• Execution on client engagements - Ensure quality delivery as per client requirements.
• Review of working papers & client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service.
• Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
• Identify & internally escalate and potential red flags related to the engagement.
• Demonstrate industry expertise (detailed understanding of the industry, trends, issues/challenges and leading practices).
• Preparation of reports/deliverables/status updates/audit committee presentations.
• Demonstrate ability of multi-task and manage multiple projects as directed by the managers.
• Handling data analytics - Access, ACL etc.
• Ensure compliance with engagement plans and internal quality & risk management procedures.
• Develop strong working relationships with client (process owner/functional heads).
• Attention to detail and mentor young interns and analysts within the practice.
• Contribute to knowledge management sessions within the practice.
• Identify and escalate potential business opportunities for the firm on existing client engagements.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively discharge supervisory responsibilities.
• Manage small teams – motivate, counsel & develop junior colleagues.
• Demonstrate ability to conceptualize & translate lessons learned on client engagements into relevant training sessions for junior colleagues and contribute to learning & development initiatives
• Pro-actively identify and escalate counselees not being chargeable on engagements.
• Provide real-time constructive verbal feedback to team members and facilitate timely completion of engagement review forms.
• Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situation.
• Support knowledge sharing efforts and continually improves processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
• Awareness of internal auditing standards issued by IIA and ICAI.
• Actively establish & strengthen client (functional heads & key influencers) and internal relationships.
• Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
• Anticipate and identify engagement related risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
• Assist seniors & managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives.
• Create a positive learning culture, coaches, counsels and develops junior team members.
• Identify & escalate potential business opportunities for the firm on existing client engagements.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Chartered Accountant/Certified Internal Auditor/Masters in Business Administration.
• 2 to 5 years of post-qualification experience in risk advisory/related internal audit experience/external audit experience in big 4.
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.