EY National Tax Department-Manager-Tax and Finance Operate (TFO)-Program Management Office - Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
National Tax Department-Manager-Tax and Finance Operate (TFO)-Program Management Office - Manager
Requisition # NAS000Q1
Post Date Dec 20, 2018
National Tax Department – Manager – Tax and Finance Operate (TFO) – Program Management Office
Tax departments around the world are being impacted by three macro market catalysts: global legislation, technology disruption and gaps in the ability to attract all the personnel they need with the right skills. Our Tax and Finance Operate (TFO) practice assists companies in exploring alternative sourcing models that span the continuum from discrete services to outsourcing. The TFO platform of processes, leading-edge technology and people helps our clients define the right sourcing mix. The TFO practice will enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their tax and finance functions. We believe that by managing clients’ tax function we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
EY is currently seeking high-potential Managers to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our TFO practice. The opportunity specifically is to assist our clients and internal teams by establishing and operating a program management office for the transition of some or all of the clients’ tax function to EY. Our market-leading approach combines extensive functional outsourcing experience with local tax and accounting experience. We use a standard global compliance methodology providing clients an integrated service that unlocks the potential of the compliance and reporting function across the entire tax life cycle. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals (including the firm’s most senior executives), you’ll be developed into a trusted business advisor – and play a critical role in building a better working world.
Your role as a Manager will focus on establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels while working to consistently deliver exceptional client service. Additionally, you will be tasked with the management of the various processes of the PMO as well as the management of the team reporting to you. You will also communicate status and progress of the day-to-day operations of the PMO on a regular basis with those that you report to as well as the client. You will monitor progress, manage risk, maximize operational efficiencies and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Additionally, you will aid in the effort of continuing to standardize and improve our internal and go-to-market services.
Skills and attributes for success:
• Work with client and internal EY TFO team to establish governance structure, operating model and reporting cadence for the areas of transition, transformation and financial management
• Monitor and report on EY’s performance, quality and effectiveness of the program services
• Assist with the identification of program issues, risks and dependencies and monitor until resolution
• Monitor team’s performance according to established KPIs, CPIs and other agreed contractual obligations
• Work with project/work stream leaders to identify resource needs and escalate as required to fill team positions
• Assist with the tracking, and in some cases development, of program-wide communication
• Ability to run the day-to-day operations of the program once established to include managing a team of program management professionals deployed on TFO
• Effective management of on- and offboarding protocols, as necessary
• Maintain a constant standard of quality and independence
• Ability to identify areas for improvement in the operating model and the flexibility to identify solutions to make the improvements
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably with an emphasis in accounting or finance, and a minimum of 5 years work experience in an accounting, financial analysis or financial services environment
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in designing, setting up and leading work streams for a large, complex program involving multiple, related projects
• Strong team and project management skills with an ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills as well as a strong problem-solving ability and attention to detail
• Flexibility and willingness to travel (up to 50%) as well as work in excess of standard hours as necessary
• Project management certification (PMI or equivalent) preferred (in process of certification is a plus if not yet achieved)
• Ability to lead a team, mentor counselees and manage client-serving business
Ideally, you’ll also:
• Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
• Take ownership of tasks and have the ability to make decisions while demonstrating a strong ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
• Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery, keep team members informed of work status, actively seek assignments when unassigned, challenge traditional procedures used in the past, and attempt to find new approaches and process improvements opportunities
• Coach/mentor junior team members to help EY continue to build an inclusive culture and high-performing teams
We are seeking to identify high-potential Managers to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice. We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re interested in professionals with drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax and finance operations and are inspired to help leading multinational organizations meet complex tax and finance obligations around the world.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.