EY USA - Tax - EY EDGE - Indirect Tax - Property Tax - Associate Analyst - Winter 2022 in Nashville, Tennessee
USA - Tax - EY EDGE - Indirect Tax - Property Tax - Associate Analyst - Winter 2022
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax – EY EDGE – Indirect Tax – Property Tax – Associate Analyst 1
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our National Tax and EY Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine (EDGE) practice is made up of a team of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. The EDGE team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, Indirect Property Tax, you’ll be at the heart of the EY critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
You’re likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks, supporting client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with team members, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines. As part of that, you’ll need to possess interpersonal skills, be able to absorb and observe, and be flexible in a changing environment.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend much of your time providing compliance support to engagement teams, including sorting and organizing daily mail and documents, preparing follow-up logs and meeting notes and conducting research as requested. You will also spend time preparing property tax renditions and process appeal documents. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
· Timely, efficient and accurate support of the production of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting in a volume-driven environment within deadline-driven timeframes established by governmental agencies and as dictated by the performance standards set forth by the practice’s clients
· Balancing time between multiple projects and responsibilities, working with multiple engagement teams to serve multiple clients
· Learning the differences between various trust accounting systems and how to obtain account data, evaluating the accuracy of such data, and applying knowledge of tax laws and regulatory guidance to make recommendations supporting accuracy in tax reporting
· Analyzing bridged account data to identify potential errors and omissions and applying knowledge of basic tax concepts to make decisions and take action to modify tax coding or reporting pertaining to assets, transactions, income, expenses and beneficiary allocations to support accuracy in tax reporting
· Support billing for tax compliance and related services
· Basic client data review related to account, beneficiary and transaction data to identify and correct data bridging errors or omissions based upon professional judgement, informed by training and provided documented guidance
· Assist engagement team with reconciliation of client account database and tax filings to help ensure complete, accurate and timely filing of tax returns; identifying and resolving reconciliation discrepancies
· Routinely communicating with immediate supervisor and colleagues to obtain guidance and instruction pertaining to performance of tax compliance activities, provide updates on status of work, and discuss recommendations concerning correction of client bridged-data to support accuracy and consistency in tax reporting
· Reconciling routine billing discrepancies
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset . What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven . We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive . We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
· Qualifications .
Have or be working toward, a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
Basic knowledge of tax software applications, tax compliance and information reporting rules
Leverage knowledge gained through education and on-the-job experience as well internal and external training and coaching to perform essential functions of the job
Ability to follow a standardized process and ask questions when needed
Prioritization of assignments to ensure appropriate workflow and timely production of client deliverables
Commit to periodic travel (5%-10%)
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Tax