EY Consultant - Tech Consulting - GOV - Technology Transformation - New Delhi in New Delhi, India
Consultant - Tech Consulting - GOV - Technology Transformation - New Delhi
Requisition # NEW00S7K
Post Date Feb 02, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Consultant/ Associate Consultant – Software Asset Management
EY is looking Associate Consultant/ Consultant in Software Asset Management team.
Your key responsibilities
Analytical/Decision making responsibilities
• Responsible for reporting/analysing software installations versus software licenses
• Responsible for reporting/analysis that assists with the management of maintenance, support, and license renewals in advance of their expiration
• Interprets performance metrics, performs root cause analysis, assesses consequences, identifies solutions to issues/problems, and resolves deviations
• Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
• Identifies opportunities for process enhancements and efficiency gains
• Empowered to liaise with other functions in EYT to establish quality improvement.
• Works under general supervision; may oversee certain responsibilities of Associate level personnel
• Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments
• Specific instruction is usually given and work is reviewed at frequent milestones
• Determines when problems should be escalated to a higher level
• There is an expectation that this individual will also be able to work under own initiative to achieve agreed goals
• Should be able to discuss reported findings with SAM leadership on an as needed basis
Skills and attributes for success
Excellent knowledge of the Hardware Asset Management process
Strong experience with asset management and discovery tools
Experience with developing, implementing, and refining SAM processes and procedures
Good knowledge of the other Service Management processes, particularly Change Management
Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
Good presentation skills
Experience working in a virtual environment
Experience with Service Now CMDB
To qualify for the role you must have
• 2 year College minimum in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc.), or, equivalent job experience.
• 2-3 years’ experience in a Software Asset Management role
• Suggested technical certification :
• Certified Software Asset Manager
• Certified IT Asset Manager
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.