EY Senior Associate - SaT - AMI - CF - Lead Advisory - New Delhi in New Delhi, India
Senior Associate - SaT - AMI - CF - Lead Advisory - New Delhi
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # NEW00ROS
Post Date Dec 13, 2020
Senior Associate – Strategy & Transactions – Transaction Diligence
The potential for error is high in an environment where speed is critical. Companies looking for local and global deals face strong competition for quality assets and stakeholder scrutiny regarding acquisitions. M&A success starts with comprehensive diligence, it’s the only way to understand if the deal is the right decision at the right price.
As a part of Transaction Diligence team you’ll be right at the heart of the action. You’ll work with many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals. You’ll be advising our clients throughout the diligence lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions. #LI
EY is looking for Senior Associate in Strategy & Transactions Division.
Your key responsibilities
Client service delivery/execution
• Execute the work on a multiple client base.
• Assume near independent responsibility for smaller clients
• Develop rapport with middle layers of client management
• Ensure compliance with risk management strategies, plans and activities.
• Understand the concept of risk management and be able to bring to focus risk issues on client assignments and take issues to the notice of the manager/supervisor
• Support knowledge sharing efforts and improve processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge
Networking & Identification of opportunities
• Start identifying new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager
• Network internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients
Skills and attributes for success
• Understanding of the business, competitive positioning, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges etc. of the target company
• Analysed historic and current financial information
• Analysed projections and assumptions used for the same
• Identified of deal issues, assessing their impact on the transaction (valuation etc.) and advising on ways to address the issues
• Conducted analysis of transaction risks and ways to mitigate them
• Understanding transaction structure and basis the same advising on structuring issues
• High team orientation
• Good communication both written and oral (including report writing)
• Strong analytical skills are a must
• Good at building relationships with clients
• Due diligence experience as part of M&A team in industry or Big 3 CA firms
• Been a part of the audit and assurance practice of Big 4 CA firms with some due diligence exposure
• Industry experience primarily in data analysis, MIS, project handling
To qualify for the role you must have
Chartered Accountant with good academic background and 3-5 years of relevant post qualification work experience
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.