EY Government & Public Sector - People Advisory Services - Manager in New York, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
In joining our team, you will gain valuable experiences and a wealth of knowledge by working across capabilities, service offerings, and agencies. You will help crucial government departments and agencies continuously achieve and sustain performance improvement in a rapidly changing environment. Working in multidisciplinary teams, often directly with leaders of major organizations, you will bring diverse perspectives to every challenge. We are uniquely and strategically positioned to advise government and public sector leaders in the face of increasing disruptions, an ever changing workforce and evolving business landscape. Whether your passion is devising and driving large scale change strategies, organizational design or transforming HR organizations, we cultivate innovation and purpose. You will find an environment that is both entrepreneurial and collaborative. We will help you achieve your potential by supporting your professional development and by providing you with leadership opportunities.
As a member of the PAS team focused on HR and business performance, you will join a talented group of professionals that help support the design and implementation of HR operating models and organizational structures; improve HR process efficiency; manage people risks; support change efforts to help organizations successfully transition to a future state; and advise organizations on a range of challenges that are associated with major transformations. You will engage and build relationships with colleagues and clients, while advising key stakeholders. You will also work collaboratively to deliver innovative and insightful, yet practical solutions for a range of challenges, simple and complex, by designing change management strategies and approaches. Our key capabilities include the following:
· Organizational change management
· Organizational design
· HR operating and delivery model
· HR process efficiency
Skills and Attributes for Success
Some key capabilities you should be prepared to bring to client facing and internal initiative teams include:
· Participating in and leading engagements focused on PAS-related capabilities (organizational change management, organizational design, HR operating and delivery model, HR process efficiency)
· Managing financial, risk, and quality aspects of client engagements
· Communicating issues, status, and thought leadership to partners and clients
· Building relationships with external clients and internal peers to generate new business opportunities
· Understanding EY service offerings and providing subject-matter insight to bids, proposals, and service delivery execution
· Building, managing, and motivating high-performing teams, including supporting people-related initiatives (recruitment, retention, training, competency development)
· Developing people through effective supervision, coaching, mentoring and performance assessment of all levels of staff
· Understanding and communication of workplace policies, procedures, and practices to all levels of staff
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Relevant professional service experience – including, for example, previous work with a Big Four firm, global management consultancy firm, or niche consultancy, or performing an in-house role in which you gained exposure to a large scale project(s)
· A bachelor’s degree and approximately eight years of relevant work experience or a master’s degree with an emphasis on organizational change, management, or human capital/HR management, or a related field
· A minimum of eight years of prior experience in change management, organizational design, HR operating and delivery model, HR process efficiency and policy, preparing complex written or verbal materials, presenting complex issues to executives, leading multiple teams, and providing formal feedback, with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
o Project/program management
o Organizational transformation
o Stakeholder and customer engagement support
o Performance measurement/performance management
· Personal success in current job with experience in one or more of our capabilities (see above)
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher
· Demonstrated ability to develop long-term client relationships and a portfolio of new business
· Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
If you are looking for a role that will challenge you, give you opportunities to grow and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
Certifications in change management and human capital are a plus
What we look for
At EY, we know it is your point of view, energy, and enthusiasm that make the difference. Top performers have experience leading proposals and delivering against project plans on large, complex engagements. They have experience with federal or state agencies in people-focused areas including change management, often gained by working in a Big Four global management consulting firm or a blue-chip company, or the government and public sector.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.