EY EY Project Analyst, Finance (Entry level), Newcastle in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
EY Project Analyst, Finance (Entry level), Newcastle
Requisition # NEW00OMH
Post Date Aug 12, 2019
Location: Ernst & Young LLP, City Gate, St James' Blvd, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE1 4JD#LI-P
The EY UK & Ireland (UKI) Advisory practice is looking to expand its presence in the North East supporting some of our most prestigious clients, which cover a broad spectrum of private sector organisations, many of whom are household names and market pioneers in product and service innovation in a fast-changing world. Our Newcastle office is aiming to recruit enthusiastic, motivated professionals with a desire to shape tomorrow’s digital world of finance through a stimulating role.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the growing EY Digital Finance Hub and as such offers excellent career prospects. As well as benefitting from EY’s comprehensive development and Digital training programmes, we also offer the opportunity to study CIMA.
Your key responsibilities
Working as part of client facing Advisory teams, you will deliver on a wide range of projects across Finance Transformation and Performance Improvement. Focussing on automation technologies and digital solutions, you will help clients solve complex problems from current state assessments through to future state design and implementation.
As an EY Project Analyst, you will:
· Collaborate with a global set of stakeholders to reach a common goal
· Conduct analysis to underpin the design of financial solutions
· Design processes to a defined methodology and apply automation technologies
· Define information and data architecture to meet financial and management reporting requirements
· Understand next generation cloud-based ERP platforms and the benefits they bring
· Understand next generation Digital solutions and the problems they address
Skills and attributes for success
· Ability to manage the demands of working on projects and demonstrate personal governance
· Ability to deliver with minimum supervision and act of own initiative
· Ability to build rapport and relationships with persons at all levels irrespective of background
· Strong diagnostic skills and ability to translate real life hurdles into technology solutions
· Knowledge of automation techniques (e.g. VBA macros, scripting, virtualisation, etc.) is desirable
· Experience in software development cycle (e.g. coding, script languages, UI design, agile, etc.) would be advantageous
· Aptitude to be service orientated and an appreciation for what it means to be client-facing and represent our Firm in everything that you do
· Enjoy working as part of a team and achieving shared goals and purposes
· Ability to communicate assuredly, clearly, and concisely in both oral and written forms
To qualify for the role you must have
· A degree level education, or equivalent, and desire to pursue CIMA
· Eligibility to work in the UK and willingness to travel
· Interest in building a role in digital finance and consultancy
· Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Willingness to face new problems and learn new skills, and a curious problem-solving nature
· Interest in learning more about Digital technologies and automation
· Flexibility, adaptability, and capability of performing under pressure
· Proficiency in the use of IT
What we look for
Previous exposure to Advisory services is not a requirement. Applications are invited from aspiring people who meet the above criteria.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.