EY Manager/Senior Manager- Finance Transformation, GPS (Ottawa) in Ottawa, Ontario
Manager/Senior Manager- Finance Transformation, GPS (Ottawa)
Requisition # OTT000JO
Post Date May 28, 2021
To effectively deliver value for money and support stakeholders to achieve benefits, governments and businesses need efficient finance functions that meet the complex needs of their operations. We are seeking a Manager or Senior Manager within our Finance Transformation service line. As a Performance Improvement – Finance Transformation professional, youll work with business and government leaders to provide insights into finance transformation. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, well help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment and to provide strategic advice in the areas of finance transformation, this just might be the role you’ve been searching for.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of EY provides a full range of consulting and broader services to help our Federal, Provincial and broader public sector clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of providing value for people and businesses in Canada, delivering essential public services, and helping those in need. EY is helping our government to build a better working world.
Public sector Finance organizations need to be more responsive, insightful and efficient. Governments are seeking to improve business partnering between Finance and the business, standardize and automate, doing so while building agility and enhanced quality into processes by combining process improvement and advanced and innovative technology building new skills within Finance.
To strengthen our growing team, we currently have a career opportunity for a Manager or Senior Manager to join our Finance Business Consulting team. We are seeking a true team player with a strong work ethic and seasoned consulting skills. This individual will focus on assisting clients in areas such as finance strategy development, finance operating model design and implementation, business process management, digital finance, enterprise performance management, predictive analytics and forecasting, among other areas.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Manager or Senior Manager, Performance Improvement, Finance, youll contribute to Finance Transformation client engagements and internal business development initiatives.
With regards to engagement delivery, youll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. Drawing on your knowledge and experience, you’ll create innovative insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. In line with EYs commitment to quality, youll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, youll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
An important part of your role will also be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You’ll also identify potential business opportunities for EY, primarily within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate.
• Manage and take a leadership role in EY’s Finance Performance Improvement engagements
• Identify and lead business development opportunities
• Create long term, trusted advisor relationships with senior client management
• Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
• Oversee and take active part in creating project documentation and creating relevant reports
• Build strong internal relationships within the Consulting practice and across other service lines
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Finance professionals
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent communications skills including oral, written, and presentation
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
• An ability to think outside of the box and thrive on new challenges
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Strong academic record including a bachelors degree and a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in industry or with a recognized consulting firm
• Professional designation and/or qualification (i.e., MBA, CA, CMA)
• Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation across the Finance function
• For a Manager a minimum of 5 years’ experience in industry or with a professional services firm along with a successful track record in the Finance transformation space either as a business consultant or a role in industry within Finance
• For Senior Manager a minimum of 10 years’ experience in industry or with a professional services firm along with a successful track record in the Finance transformation space either as a business consultant or a role in industry within Finance
• Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in public sector and government
• Government of Canada Security clearance
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Background in operational finance is highly desired
• Perfectly bilingual in both, French and English languages is an asset
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs (when it is safe); GPS practice is national and travel may be required in the future for work outside of Ottawa
What we look for
We’re looking for people that are passionate finance transformation consultants, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting businesses achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.