EY Manager/Senior Manager- Procurement Transformation, GPS (Ottawa) in Ottawa, Ontario
Manager/Senior Manager- Procurement Transformation, GPS (Ottawa)
Requisition # OTT000JQ
Post Date May 28, 2021
To effectively deliver value for money and support stakeholders to achieve benefits, governments and businesses need efficient procurement functions that meet the complex needs of their operations. We are seeking a Manager or Senior Manager – Procurement and Digital Procurement. As a procurement professional youll work with business leaders to provide insights into procurement transformation as well as a view to the full supply chain: sourcing, procurement, inbound logistics, engineering, manufacturing, final assembly, and product service and delivery. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, well help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment, providing strategic advice in the areas of procurement, category planning, and the overall value chain, this just might be the role you’ve been searching for. If your procurement experience includes leveraging digital tools to drive modernization of practices and processes, this will be a definite asset.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of EY provides a full range of consulting and broader services to help our Federal, Provincial and broader public sector clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of providing value for people and businesses in Canada, delivering essential public services, and helping those in need. EY is helping our government to build a better working world.
We currently are seeking for an experienced Manager and Senior Manager in our Procurement Transformation practice. Our team is focused on helping clients improve business performance and operational efficiency while managing risk. Our teams help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, customer engagement, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management.
Your key responsibilities
• You will accompany organizations in the implementation of company-wide transformation programs - from strategy and concept development to implementation
• You will support CPOs in implementing transformations in Procurement as the world becomes digital, consumer needs change and the shape of the Procurement fundamentally changes
• You will work with clients to develop, deliver and become a trusted advisor in the next generation of Procurement
• You will work on the digital procurement transformation of your clients as well as advising them on how to continue to drive top line and bottom line improvements
• You will leverage existing, emerging and new technologies (e.g., RPA, ML/AI, Blockchain, decentralized cryptographic technologies, IoT, 3DP, smart factory) to deliver these transformations
• You will be key contributor and progressively start leading sub work streams in client engagements and will work in multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., Finance, Tax, TAS) to deliver high quality services in line with our proven global methodologies and tools
• You will support the business in developing EY knowledge and concepts for our practice, whilst also actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships
• You will build your management consulting and Procurement capabilities to become a valued contributor to our clients’ transformations and for your own personal career journey
• Lead the design and implementation of strategic procurement processes for large private and public sector clients
• Deliver an exceptional client service experience while advising on complex process issues
• Display leadership and business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative and innovative solutions
• Be the direct point of contact for client and team, own and grow appropriate client relationships
• Manage project financials including development of budget and resource plans on projects and day-today client interactions
Practice and People Development:
• Support the development of leading practice Procurement capabilities at EY
• Create a positive team environment and provide coaching and support for junior staff
• Support senior management with practice development activities such as recruiting
• Support the build-out of the Procurement Transformation practice across EY Canada.
• Collaborate across EY service lines to support business development opportunities
• Develop new solutions and improved ways of working to further EY’s innovation agenda
Skills and attributes for success
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment (and know when to lead and when to follow)
• Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills including oral, written, and presentation
• A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
• An ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges
To qualify for the role you must have
• Post Graduate degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent preferred
• At the Senior Manager level, a minimum of 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience with government and/or blue-chip organizations
• At the Manager level, a minimum of 5+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience with government and/or blue-chip organizations
• Experience with improving performance of large-spend organizations with complex, high volume procurements.
• Subject matter expertise in one, or more, of Category Management/Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management or Procure 2 Pay processes
• Demonstrated ability to guide large project teams and stakeholder groups through complex procurement process design and operating model implications
• Knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas:
o Category Management
o Strategic Sourcing
o Spend Analysis
o Total Cost of Ownership Analysis
o Supplier Risk Management
o Cost analysis, modeling and/or optimization
o Cost-benefit analysis, business case analysis
o Performance metrics and measures development
o Benchmarking and gap analysis
o Cost reduction or cost efficiency
• Government of Canada Security clearance
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Familiarity with the enablement of procurement processes through cloud-based technologies
• Experience in public sector and government procurement processes and policies
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs (when it is safe); GPS practice is national and travel may be required in the future for work outside of Ottawa
What we look for
We’re looking for people that are passionate procurement and broader supply chain consultants, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting businesses achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role might very well be for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canadas top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.