EY Manager/Senior Manager – Transformation Strategy, GPS (Ottawa) in Ottawa, Ontario
Manager/Senior Manager – Transformation Strategy, GPS (Ottawa)
Requisition # OTT000JU
Post Date May 28, 2021
To effectively deliver value for money and support stakeholders to achieve benefits, governments and businesses need efficient finance functions that meet the complex needs of their operations. We are seeking a Manager or Senior Manager within our Transformation Architecture service line. As a Transformation Architecture professional, youll work with business and government leaders to provide insights into technological transformation. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, well help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment and to provide strategic advice in the areas of technological transformation, this just might be the role you’ve been searching for.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of EY provides a full range of consulting and broader services to help our Federal, Provincial and broader public sector clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes.
We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of providing value for people and businesses in Canada, delivering essential public services, and helping those in need. EY is helping our government to build a better working world.
We currently are seeking for an experienced Manager and Senior Manager in our Business Consulting, Transformation practice. Our team is focused on helping clients improve business performance and operational efficiency while managing risk. Our teams help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, customer engagement, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management.
Your key responsibilities
As an Experienced Manager or Senior Manager, an important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex strategy concepts.
• Deliver quality services. Value and model excellent client service by establishing goals and implementation plans to achieve a high quality deliverables and within expected timeframes. Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Focus on deliverables and client business priorities. Manage expectations of service. Understand the clients industry and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
• Develop people (Manager). Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/training. Foster an innovative and team-oriented work environment.
• Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in consulting services capabilities and industry knowledge.
• Generate new business opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with other Ernst & Young team members across all practices to serve client needs.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong analytical mindset in terms of taking abstract questions and issues and structuring them into manageable, specific work streams
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
• Strong project management skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelors degree in Business or a relevant field
• A post graduate degree or relevant professional designation (MBA or MSC are preferred)
• Experience leading projects in innovation, operating model design, strategic investments, enterprise cost reduction and/or transformation
• Business consulting experience with large complex clients, selling and delivering successful, high-impact business transformation projects
• For a Manager a minimum of 5 years’ experience in industry or with a professional services firm along with a successful track record in the transformation space either as a business consultant or a role in industry within strategy planning and execution
• For Senior Manager a minimum of 10 years’ experience in industry or with a professional services firm along with a successful track record in the transformation space either as a business consultant or a role in industry within strategy planning and execution
• Experience in public sector and government
• Government of Canada Security clearance
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs (when it is safe); GPS practice is national and travel may be required in the future for work outside of Ottawa
What we look for
We are looking for passionate leaders with strong vision to lend subject matter expertise to the design the strategic builds for our clients. If you have a genuine desire to help businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply