EY Senior Consultant – Finance Transformation, GPS (Ottawa) in Ottawa, Ontario
Senior Consultant – Finance Transformation, GPS (Ottawa)
Requisition # OTT000JP
Post Date May 28, 2021
To effectively deliver value for money and support stakeholders to achieve benefits, governments and businesses need efficient finance functions that meet the complex needs of their operations. We are seeking a Senior Consultant within our Finance Transformation service line. As a Finance Performance Improvement professional, youll work with business and government leaders to provide insights into finance transformation. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, well help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment and to provide strategic advice in the areas of finance transformation, this just might be the role you’ve been searching for.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of EY provides a full range of consulting and broader services to help our Federal, Provincial and broader public sector clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of providing value for people and businesses in Canada, delivering essential public services, and helping those in need. EY is helping our government to build a better working world.
Recognizing the changing and fast-paced professional landscape, you will team with engagement leadership to bring our broad range of capabilities and insights to enhance the role and effectiveness of the finance and operations function. We are seeking a Senior – Finance Transformation. Youll be part of our Performance Improvement group, helping clients with business and internal finance performance through a focus on providing business advisory services that achieve measurable benefits in operational effectiveness and strategic decision making.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, youll contribute to Finance Transformation client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. Youll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly, youll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EY’s commitment to quality, youll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, youll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Finance Performance Improvement Senior, youll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
• Actively participate in client engagements.
• Actively participate to market development.
• Actively contribute for the successful execution of project work.
• Actively contribute insight and ideas and assist in drafting high quality project reports.
• Develop, maintain and strengthen client relationships.
• Keep abreast of current industry and economic developments relevant to the clients business.
• Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge.
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership.
• Use technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance the delivery of services.
Skills and attributes for success
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science, or a related field
• Consulting experience is highly desired
• Background in operational finance is highly desired
• Demonstrated experience in project-based engagements in any or the combination of the following areas: IT banking systems and operations, ERP implementations, and architecture
• Definition of operational models of the finance function
• Transformation of the Finance function
• Please be advised that this role does not meet the training and experience requirements for those individuals wishing to pursue their Chartered Accountant designation.
• Experience in public sector and government
• Government of Canada Security clearance
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Background in operational finance is highly desired
• Perfectly bilingual in both, French and English languages is an asset
• Masters or MBA
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs (when it is safe); GPS practice is national and travel may be required in the future for work outside of Ottawa
What we look for
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding leaders to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated deep knowledge of the financial services marketplace, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you are someone who exhibits a strong commitment to lead projects to completion on time and within budget while guiding junior team members through feedback and coaching, then this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.