EY Senior Consultant – Procurement Transformation, GPS (Ottawa) in Ottawa, Ontario
Senior Consultant – Procurement Transformation, GPS (Ottawa)
Requisition # OTT000JR
Post Date May 28, 2021
To effectively compete in the global market and maximize profitability, businesses need efficient supply chains that meet the complex needs of their operations As a Senior supply chain professional youll work with business leaders to provide insights into supply chain transformation, sourcing, procurement, inbound logistics, engineering, manufacturing, final assembly, and product service and delivery. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, well help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment, providing strategic advice in the areas of procurement, manufacturing, logistics, planning, and the overall value chain, this just might be the role you’ve been searching for.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of EY provides a full range of consulting and broader services to help our Federal, Provincial and broader public sector clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of providing value for people and businesses in Canada, delivering essential public services, and helping those in need. EY is helping our government to build a better working world.
To strengthen our growing team, we currently have a career opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join our Supply Chain Consulting team. We are seeking a true team player with a strong work ethic and seasoned consulting skills. This individual will focus on assisting clients in areas such as supply chain transformation, sourcing, procurement, inbound logistics, engineering, manufacturing, final assembly, and product service and delivery, among other areas.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, youll contribute to Supply Chain & Operations client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. Youll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly, youll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EY’s commitment to quality, youll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, youll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
• Participate in client engagements that transform Supply Chains through a cross-disciplinary approach
• Assist with review, improvement, and assessment of Supply Chain & procurement functions
• Deliver high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
• Provide insight by using a robust set of data analytics
• Develop and maintain working relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
• Contribute to the growth and development of the Consulting practice
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop technical capabilities and professional knowledge
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
• Remain current on new developments in consulting services capabilities and industry knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent communications skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Procurement (Services or goods) experience ideally including knowledge of e-procurement applications
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• Outstanding academic record including a bachelors degree (with an emphasis on Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or Logistics), a graduate degree is preferred
• Experience with improving performance of large-spend organizations with complex, high volume procurements
• Government of Canada Security clearance
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Familiarity with the enablement of procurement processes through cloud-based technologies
• Experience in public sector and government
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs (when it is safe); GPS practice is national and travel may be required in the future for work outside of Ottawa
What we look for
We’re looking for people that are passionate supply chain consultants, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting businesses achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role might very well be for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canadas top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.