EY Financial Services - Consulting Manager - Quantitative Analysis - Banking Book in Phoenix, Arizona
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
EY is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to be part of our Quantitative Advisory Services (QAS) Banking Book team. You will use analytics and quantitative techniques to help our clients solve Financial Services Risk Management issues (in relation to consumer and commercial credit, climate change, consumer compliance/fair lending, artificial intelligence/machine learning usage and related) facing the financial services sector, drive business efficiencies, and manage risks and opportunities in banking book portfolios. Our team is engaged in high exposure quantitative service projects related to the development and validation of financial models used for wholesale and retail credit, advanced analytics, and risk management.
Our team brings deep industry knowledge and quantitative modeling experience to support our clients in the evolving regulatory landscape and financial services market. As a member of the EY team, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, learn on the job, and build insight into the market landscape.
As part of our Advisory Services, you’ll have the opportunity to team with a variety of QAS professionals and clients to deliver professional services and actively participate in our growing practice. You’ll work on client assignments that will help you deepen and broaden your skills, while gaining valuable and rewarding experiences. With each engagement, you can expect to build leadership, communication, and client management skills, as well as sharpen your problem-solving capabilities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in QAS, your primary responsibilities, among other things, will include delivering services in wholesale and retail credit risk, risk management and governance, model development and implementation, model/system documentation, and model benchmarking, while establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. You will be applying quantitative techniques to help institutions develop and validate credit risk modeling methodologies and performing the practical application of advanced analytics techniques to help clients solve business problems and complex issues in the financial services industry. You’ll need to consistently deliver quality client services by leading teams, monitoring progress, managing risks, and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
Skills and attributes for success
• Perform in-depth technical analytics, for example in the space of regression analysis or machine learning, to help solve our clients’ complex business issues
• Communicate and interpret deep technical concepts to both technical and non-technical client stakeholders
• Maintain an ambitious attitude toward finding innovative solutions to challenging problems
• Have functional knowledge related to some of the following: broad credit risk modeling, wholesale modeling (e.g., CRE and C&I), retail modeling (e.g., mortgage and credit card, other consumer loans), applicability of models in the context of CECL/IFRS 9, risk management, sustainable finance/climate change, fair lending/consumer compliance, artificial intelligence/machine learning applications, model development, model validation, financial analytics, advanced analytics (e.g., machine learning techniques)
• Bring functional experience in credit risk modeling and associated methodologies and their role in the overall risk management framework; demonstrate knowledge of the risk management function and the model lifecycle
• Assimilate new knowledge and stay abreast of new developments in advisory services capabilities, reserving and allowance, advanced analytics, regulatory expectations, and current business and industry trends relevant to our clients
• Understand our clients’ needs and consistently deliver quality client services focusing on more complex, judgmental, and/or specialized issues
• Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
• Demonstrate ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
• Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
• Lead and manage a team in a dynamic environment, focusing on the importance of coaching and developing teams
• Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients
• Cultivate business development opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Environmental Studies, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related field and over 5 years of related work experience
• Master's or PhD degree in in Economics, Environmental Studies, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related field over 4 years of related work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Desire to develop and integrate quantitative skills within a required scope of designing and implementing business services
• Functional knowledge and experience with statistical and numerical techniques and business acumen
• Experience working in a financial product engineering/research and development environment designing and developing quantitative methods and services
• Leadership as well as proven project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel to meet client needs
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with the ability to adjust to change and thrive in a constantly evolving environment. You’ll need to be someone who is capable of asking the tough questions and independently driving their own career and learning initiatives. You’ll also need excellent organizational skills and a proven record of multitasking and working effectively across multiple projects. So, if you’re ready to contribute your big ideas and make a measurable difference right from the start, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
• A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
• An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
• Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.