EY FSO - Technology Transformation - Technology Modernization- Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (FSO) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry.
We help our clients transform. Together we are changing the way they interact with their Customers, Employees and Partners alike. We are modernizing their applications, creating new ones and driving business efficiency across their ever-changing platform and channel infrastructures. Everything we do centers around this simple story.
If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Working on projects that cross financial sectors, the experiences you gain here will be invaluable. You will help businesses realize the value from their IT investments supporting strategy, improving the customer experience and driving growth. Through our unique combination of competencies and solutions, EY’s FSO Technology Modernization team helps our clients sustain competitive advantage and profitability by developing strategies to stay ahead of the rapid pace of change and disruption and supporting the execution of complex transformations.
Your key responsibilities:
The Technology Modernization Manager will work with leadership across the firm to help build the business, develop go-to-market strategies and drive sales opportunities by actively participating in client facing meetings and presentations to understand problems, develop technical solutions and communicate the business value of Technology Modernization services.
You will lead our projects, managing either stand-alone projects or elements of multiple client engagements. You will provide leadership and demonstrate technical capabilities and knowledge while managing and motivating teams with diverse skill sets to deliver quality client service. More specific duties include:
Participating in client sales cycles to promote, position and suggest technology modernization services solutions to address client needs and deliver business value
Demonstrating and applying a thorough understanding of complex information systems, technology organizations, business processes and operations knowledge
Identifying current and emerging technology trends, business practices and regulatory needs, then summarizing the information and explaining how it impacts current service offerings
Analyzing and documenting client issues, requirements and insights drawn from past client experiences to determine root causes and recommend suggested improvements
Skills and Attributes:
Complimentary set of core technical skills and operational functions/business processes
Deep knowledge and experience of distributed IT infrastructure/ IT operations/ Infrastructure and Ops resiliency/ Automation and AIOps
A thorough understanding of complex information systems and technology organizations
Experience communicating technical study conclusions through written reports and presentations using tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio
Proven delivery skills, including the ability to scope and size a project, staff a team with the appropriate skill set, provide subject matter direction and guidance to a team, manage communications with project sponsors and manage the delivery of engagement work streams
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- BA, BS or an equivalent degree in Computer Science, Technology, Business Administration, Finance or Engineering
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Accounting or Finance
- Ten or more years of post-Bachelor's work experience or minimum nine years with a relevant master’s degree; eight years must be relevant work experience at a financial services company or comparable experience working as a consultant in a professional services firm
Understanding of commercial and retail banking, investment, capital markets, insurance, and/or related industries and operations preferred
Prior experience working with IT leadership (CIO, CTO or IT director); business leadership (CFO, COO or business unit president); or risk and audit offices highly desired
In addition to the above, we require experience in one or more of the following technical competencies:
- Ten or more years’ direct experience in IT infrastructure (network engineering, systems engineering or administration, solutions engineering, infrastructure or application support)
- Ten or more years’ direct experience in Business Continuity Management, Disaster Recovery, Crisis Management, Resiliency or Technology Environments, Architecture and Design services (architecture, engineering design and development, service design, operations and delivery, and application architecture)
- Ten or more years’ direct experience in Enterprise Service Management (enterprise architecture, IT strategy, service management architecture)
- Ten or more years’ direct experience in Data Management
- Ten or more years’ direct experience working with Data Analytics (business intelligence (BI) developer, BI analyst, BI administrator)
- Ten or more years’ direct experience with IT Operating Models (organizational and functional structures, skills and competency planning, etc.)
- Ten or more years’ direct experience with Application development
In addition to the above, we require experience with the following standards, frameworks and methodologies:
- CMMI, COBIT, ITIL, Six Sigma, ISO 27001, ISO 22301, TOGAF, IVI, NIST 800-53, project management life cycles, systems development life cycles, PMBOK, Prince2 or data center operations
In addition to the above, we require the ability to travel to client sites as much as 80% to 100% of a work week.
Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Infrastructure: CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, VCP6-DCV
Operations: ITIL 4, COBIT 5, PMP, Six Sigma
Resiliency: ABCP, CBCP or MBCP
Configuration management database tools (e.g., ServiceNow)
Business architecture tools (e.g., Mega)
Business and IT strategy planning tools (e.g., ARIS/Alfabet)
Business Continuity Management tools (e.g., Fusion Risk, MaestroRs, BC in the Cloud)
Enterprise Risk Management (e.g., SAS Risk Management)
Backup and replication tools (e.g., Solarwinds Backup, Commvault Backup Service, Veeam Backup and Replication, Acronis Cyber Backup, Veritas NetBackup, Avamar, Oracle Recovery Manager, IBM Tivoli TSM, IBM GDPS)
Network airgap tools (e.g., Dell Endpoint Enterprise Security Suite)
Design and implementation of cloud environments (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud or Rackspace)
Design and implementation of Agile and DevOps methodologies
SDLC & CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks, and practices (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker)
AIOps tools and platforms
IT monitoring tools and platforms
What we look for:
Top performers with track records of the following areas:
Practitioners applying PMI disciplines for IT project and program management activities
Seasoned client serving professionals with experience in the Financial Services industry focused on enterprise transformations
Great communication skills both at the personal level as well as in the professional set-ups
Intensive experiences in business development, leading and supporting proposals
Team oriented individuals
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 25 days of vacation plus 10 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
• The salary range for this position in Denver is $104,000- $206,500
• The salary range for this position in Stamford is $114,400-$227,200
• The salary range for this position in Hartford is $104,000- $206,500
• The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is $98,800 -196,200
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.