EY Tax Senior Services Manager - EDGE - Accounting Compliance & Reporting - Open Location in Phoenix, Arizona
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: New York, Boston,, Iselin, , Philadelphia,, Washington, DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles
Tax Services Senior Manager – National Tax - EDGE– Accounting Compliance & Reporting
EY’s National Tax and EY EDGE practices are made up of teams of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes the EY organization in the marketplace.
Our Accounting Compliance & Reporting (ACR) practice, focusing on helping clients effectively manage global bookkeeping and finance compliance obligations proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries where EY provides ACR services. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their global finance operations. We believe that by managing clients’ finance functions, we can make a critical difference and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work on engagements that span 100+ countries with local EY teams of 300+ people and have the opportunity to assist in the growth of this practice. You’ll assist in validation and governance of global finance operations utilizing one global methodology to track the end-to-end process and provide subsidiary governance throughout legal-entity life cycle to mitigate risk and increase corporate transparency.
Skills and attributes for success
· Manage and provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations including daily contact with EY local ACR teams to ensure contracted services are delivered on time and accurately the first time
· Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products and responding to queries from clients and internal stakeholders on a timely manner
· Serve as the point of contact for applicable client relationships demonstrating knowledge of client businesses
· Help develop and guide senior/staff and other junior professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
· Assist in deploying the right engagement team leveraging US ACR resources as well as ACR resources located in Global Delivery Service locations.
· Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on global trends, developments and regulations and applying them to moderately complex situations and undertaking non-routine, complex project-type work as requested by clients
· Exhibit competency in technology by maintaining complex sets of data, reviewing data analytics and analyzing trends including the collection of data as per agreed financial statement close timelines and other requirements
· Ensure the statutory reporting and bookkeeping processes/procedures documentation is relevant, up-to-date and is used at all times
· Take ownership of engagements and make decisions and resolve issues including the escalation of client and internal partner issues while having a strong ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
· Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide ACR services; challenging traditional procedures used in the past; and attempting to find new approaches and process improvement opportunities
· Help build the practice by assisting with the scoping of new opportunities and proposal development, as well as participating in oral presentations
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or other related business major
· CPA or Enrolled Agent certification
· 8 - 10 years’ work experience in audit/accounting
· Knowledge of global statutory reporting and/or bookkeeping, preferably with experience across multiple countries
· Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to details
· US- GAAP knowledge including GAAP reconciliation experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in Business English
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and IT concepts
· Ability to analyze historical legal entity financial information to understand and determine what GAAP to GAAP and other adjustments are required, how they are calculated and how they should be rolled forward in the preparation of statutory financial statements
· Ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to analyze account balances, reconciliations and other financial matter in the course of closing the accounts on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
· Ability to understand the detailed issues underlying the status of deliverable completion, such as statutory reporting or month-end close, to identify the root cause, develop potential solutions and clear impediments for remediation
· Ability to undertake continuous improvement projects to drive improved quality, visibility, efficiency and client experience
· Ability to influence change within EY and with clients, leveraging technical knowledge, experience and relationships
· Ability to travel 20-30% to client locations
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Client-facing exposure in a global role
· Basic understanding of IT systems (SAP, Oracle, Business Central)
· Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as global indirect tax (VAT, GST, etc.) and corporate tax compliance.
· IFRS knowledge
The salary range for this position in Stamford is: $107,000 - $222,500
The salary range for this position in Hartford is: $98,100 - $203,900
The salary range for this position in Denver is: $89,200 - $185,400
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is: $89,200 - $185,400
What we look for
We are seeking to identify high-potential professionals to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $89,200 to $203,900. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $107,000 to $231,800. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .