EY Connected Growth Platform - Digital UX - EY Citizen - Engagement Coordinator in Portland, Oregon
Connected Growth Platform - Digital UX - EY Citizen - Engagement Coordinator
Requisition # POR000QF
Post Date May 14, 2018
EY Citizen is a mid-sized studio focused on strategic digital design within EY’s national advisory group. Located in a former glass factory in Portland, Oregon, EY Citizen’s studio model allows you to collaborate closely with a supportive cross-functional team of strategists, designers, writers, and technologists, who are all passionate about how cutting-edge tech and design can achieve our clients’ business goals. EY’s diverse client roster includes many of the world’s biggest companies. In 2017, Fortune magazine ranked EY 29th in its annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list.
The Engagement Coordinator brings curiosity, empathy, and a meticulous approach to all aspects of our client engagement work. Working with account leadership, they will support project management and engagement coordination for EY’s client-serving teams. The Engagement Coordinator works on client projects as a non-technical team member and utilizes the processes and tools of the Advisory service line to effectively manage projects, activities and initiatives that drive efficiencies for the engagement team and reduce time to deliver services to clients, with a focus on maintaining the highest quality standards.
Specific assigned activities may vary based on the needs of the engagement, account or service line.
Your key responsibilities
• Act as the knowledge manager for the engagement team, managing internal databases and/or portals designed to facilitate team communications and coordination of engagement strategy.
• Monitor and track engagement processes through EY’s SAP solution. The Engagement Coordinator will provide expertise and guidance to the team in relation to SAP-enabled business products.
• Gain a strong knowledge of the engagements, EY's structure, key personnel, and firm policies/procedures.
• Collaborate with the account team, business development and resource management teams as necessary to achieve team goals.
• Gain an in-depth knowledge about the services the engagement provides, and utilize that knowledge to recommend ways to improve the service offered.
• Proactively identify project risks and opportunities for improving processes.
• Support the Project Management team with engagement economics (e.g., hours/budgets/estimates to complete, fees, billings, Work in Process spreadsheets), proactively collaborating with relevant team members (e.g. Financial Management Associate) to resolve any issues that may arise.
• Manage the approval process of client and contractor invoices.
• Prepare periodic reports for management.
• Travel for client work when necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong organizational, analytical, project management and customer service skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent listening, influencing, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects, and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Competent at meeting tight deadlines, performing high-quality work and diligent follow up.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
To qualify for the role you must
• Have a Bachelor's degree
• Possess the ability to work within complicated internal systems in order to achieve favorable results.
• Results-oriented approach to driving improvements in engagement economics (financial systems, relationship management tools, revenue pipeline, sales cycle reports).
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The capacity to exercise sound judgment and discretion and to coordinate the work of others. Attention to detail, ownership of the entire process, coordination with stakeholders, and a driving personality is crucial to success in this role.
• Project management or marketing coordination experience
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
● The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
● A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
● Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
● An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.