EY USA - Assurance - Audit - Intern - Summer 2023 in Providence, Rhode Island
USA - Assurance - Audit - Intern - Summer 2023
AL-Birmingham, AR-Rogers, AZ-Phoenix, CA-Irvine, CA-Los Angeles, CA-Redwood City, CA-Sacramento, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, CO-Denver, CT-Hartford, CT-Stamford, FL-Boca Raton, FL-Jacksonville, FL-Miami, FL-Orlando, FL-Tampa, GA-Atlanta, HI-Honolulu, IA-Des Moines, IL-Chicago, IN-Indianapolis, KS-Wichita, KY-Louisville, LA-New Orleans, MA-Boston, MD-Baltimore, MI-Detroit, MI-Grand Rapids, MN-Minneapolis, MO-Kansas City, MO-St. Louis, NC-Charlotte, NC-Raleigh, NC-Winston-Salem, NJ-Hoboken, NJ-Iselin, NV-Las Vegas, NY-Buffalo, NY-Jericho, NY-New York, NY-Rochester, OH-Akron, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, OH-Grandview Heights, OH-Toledo, OK-Oklahoma City, OK-Tulsa, OR-Portland, PA-Philadelphia, PA-Pittsburgh, RI-Providence, SC-Greenville, TN-Chattanooga, TN-Memphis, TN-Nashville, TX-Austin, TX-Dallas, TX-Fort Worth, TX-Houston, TX-San Antonio, UT-Salt Lake City, VA-McLean, VA-Richmond, WA-Seattle, WI-Milwaukee, WV-Charleston
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6-month period.
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY (https://www.ey.com/en_us/careers). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
Assurance – Audit Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The broad business perspective you get in EY’s Assurance practice will serve as a launch pad to your career, whether you stay at EY to partner or seek a role in the C-suite. Our easy-to-use Audit Career Framework will help you map your successful career path, understand just what’s expected of you, and access the right learning, experiences and coaching to support your career progression. Along the way, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of business and draw on your accounting knowledge to help solve complex challenges.
You will spend much of your time meeting with our clients directly at their offices, undertaking audit activities to identify and resolve complex issues. When you start with the organization, you can join our audit practice and choose from a variety of industries (Consumer Products, Life Sciences, Industrial Products, Real Estate, Automotive and Transportation, to name a few). You will be given opportunities to work across these industries, which will provide deep knowledge of key drivers for success and risks specific to the industry. And if you know you have a strong desire to work within our Financial Services Organization, which is tailored to banking, insurance, funds or other financial industry companies, you may elect that path as well. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
Your key responsibilities
• Identifying potential audit issues or unusual relationships in financial statements with detailed analytical trend analysis.
• Demonstrating your professionalism while working in clients’ environments and providing exceptional service.
• Operating effectively in a regulated environment, with a focus on protecting the capital markets and the investing public.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with our clients to provide definitive auditing services that the capital markets and the client can rely upon.
• Sharing the story of value-added insights discovered through data analysis with our clients.
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
Have or be working toward, an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting
A strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
A demonstrable plan for passing the CPA exam
The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must:
Have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.
Present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
For applicants for jobs in our Denver office, EY complies with Colorado laws and regulations. Information can be foundhere (https://csgexternal.ey.com/2019/1904-3123308/undergraduate-compensation.pdf) .
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .
Service Line/Business Area Assurance