EY Tax Services Senior Analyst - EDGE - Accounting Compliance and Reporting - OPEN LOCATION in Richmond, Virginia
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax Services Senior Analyst – National Tax - EDGE– Accounting Compliance & Reporting
EY’s National Tax and EY EDGE practices are made up of teams of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes the EY organization in the marketplace.
Our Accounting Compliance & Reporting (ACR) practice, focusing on helping clients effectively manage global bookkeeping and finance compliance obligations proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries where EY provides ACR services. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their global finance operations. We believe that by managing clients’ finance functions, we can make a critical difference and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Analyst in ACR, you will help analyze specific issues in the preparation of statutory reporting, including the details of GAAP to GAAP and other adjustments, how they are calculated and how they should be rolled forward in the preparation of statutory financial statements, to help validate the accuracy and completion of the Statutory Financial statements. Capabilities include:
· Applying technical accounting knowledge to analyze account balances, reconciliations and other financial matter in the course of closing the accounts on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis, thereby validating the accuracy and completeness of the accounting, and keeping the work on schedule during the close
· Following up on the status of deliverables and analyze the issues preventing completion and working with others to problem-solve resolution to mitigate the risk of late filing and other compliance related tasks
· Executing tasks in continuous improvement projects to drive improved quality, visibility, efficiency and client experience, including analyzing current process performance and how to improve it. E.g. analyze manual journals entries to determine what could be eliminated through a change in materiality thresholds or automated through technology
· Applying judgement in the resolution of accounting or process issues
Skills and attributes for success
· Ability to package analysis into presentations for internal leaders and clients to facilitate decision making, including the preparation and presentation of the statutory reporting compliance calendar and status
· Ability to use accounting knowledge and experience to interpret the handling of statutory reporting or accounting matters to develop options to resolve issues in consultation with supervisors
· Ability to use accounting knowledge and experience to escalate statutory reporting or accounting issues to management for resolution to keep service delivery on time and on quality
· Supervised by an Assistant Manager, Manager or Senior Manager
· Responsible for individuals working for them are staying on task are within budget
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other related business major or equivalent experience
· 3 – 4 years of experience
· CPA or Enrolled Agent certification or progress toward certification
· Knowledge of global statutory reporting and/or bookkeeping, preferably with experience across multiple countries
· Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to details
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and IT concepts
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to prioritize or request clarification on the priority of various engagement
· Ability to travel 20-30% to client locations
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Client-facing exposure in a global role
What we look for
We are seeking to identify high-potential professionals to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice.
The salary range for this position in Stamford is: $67,400 - $101,200
The salary range for this position in Hartford is: $61,800 - $92,700
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is: $56,200 - $84,300
The salary range for this position in Denver is: $56,200 - $84,300
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $56,200 to $92,700. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $67,400 to $105,400. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .