EY Creative Design Manager in Sacramento, California
Creative Design Manager
Core Business Services
Requisition # UNI00HVY
Post Date Apr 22, 2021
The Creative Design Manager (CDM) is responsible for developing leading practice pursuit design, driving process consistency and identifying synergies in collateral development.
The role partners with Pursuit Teams on global, strategic, high-value pursuits and leads creation of the campaign visual strategy, provides design support for all pursuit deliverables and client-facing materials, program management support for collateral production and liaises with key interdependent groups, including EY Creative Services Group, EY Knowledge, and EY Brand, Marketing and Communications, etc.
Function: Global Markets
Sub function: Business Development – Markets Activation Team
Rank – Assistant Director
Location – open to all major cities in the US (e.g. Chicago, NY, Boston, Atlanta, Dallas, LA)
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Define and deliver global best practice creative design strategy for priority Pursuits across Areas / Regions
• Oversee the strategy, methodology, and deployment plans for pursuit creative design in conjunction with the Pursuit Strategist and other pursuit team member.
• Drive continuous improvement in design creativity and innovative practice for cascade across Areas / Regions
• Instill Exceptional Client Service (ECS) principles into the end-to-end pursuit process
• Translate EY firm-wide (e.g. Next Wave) and business development strategic priorities within pursuit design function
Strategic Pursuit and Opportunity Management
• Oversee quality and risk management of pursuit design outputs/deliverables
• Serve as a key participant in pursuit strategy sessions where applicable
• Engage additional design and creative support as needed
Strategic Client, Internal and External Communications
• Be an expert of strategic design messaging and lead conceptualization of all client-facing materials
• Contribute to and help drive the creative development of account and opportunity value-propositions, including creating compelling visuals of complex solutions.
Administration and Reporting
• Coach and develop GDS Design resources
• Maintain relationships with key interdependency groups: EY Creative Services, Knowledge, Sectors, Service Lines and Brand, Marketing and Communications
• Participate in internal and external networks
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Debrief post-pursuit and recommend efficiencies/changes
• Keep track of market developments and lead initiatives to leverage innovation in strategic design
• Direct improvement of Pursuits process with emphasis on design factors, through extensive use of client (internal and external) feedback
• Encourage teaming and cross-pollination of ideas and experience with other Area/Regional design team resources
• Provides informal coaching to networks of designers in the Creative Services Group and other Regions
• Supports training and onboarding of design colleagues onshore and offshore
• Oversees technical performance of GDS Design resources
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
• University/Bachelor/technical degree or equivalent work experience required.
• 10-12 years of Graphic Design/Communications/Pursuit Design experience
• Cross-border experience working in a large organization
• Strong understanding of Business Development, Pursuit Management or new business pitches
• Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• Must have strong experience in graphic design with exposure to brand marketing
• Must be agile in a fast-paced environment and produce quality work in high-pressure situations
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Keeps abreast of industry knowledge and trends to assess, identify and implement new technology and/or design innovation such as interactive presentations and digital content delivery
• Maintain advanced knowledge of graphics software tools, proficiency in firm’s standard operating software (MS Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel) and design software such as: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects,
Keynote and Acrobat Pro
• Maintain capabilities for troubleshooting technical issues in graphic files for pre-press and printing—linking graphics, including fonts and creating color separations
• Demonstrate executive presence: establishes credibility quickly; commands attention and respect; demonstrates confidence and deals comfortably with clients and other stakeholders.
• Excellent project management skills, proven team building and interpersonal communication and writing skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• As the job involves responding to client needs and varying time zones, flexibility regarding work schedule may be required
• Moderate travel may be required
What working at EY offers
Reward statement plus an outline of the culture and environment in this part of the firm. If not covered elsewhere, this may include language about the interesting, varied and important work; the freedom and autonomy you’ll have in the role; the feedback you will receive that you can learn from to achieve mastery at something; opportunities for personal growth and career advancement; or who and how you will be connected to others.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.