EY Tax Services Manager - People Advisory Services - Rewards - Mergers & Acquisitions in San Francisco, California
Tax Services Manager - People Advisory Services - Rewards - Mergers & Acquisitions
Requisition # UNI00BHL
Post Date May 10, 2018
Managing global workforces is increasingly complex. People Advisory Services (PAS) builds and improves organizational and individual performance, delivering a highly complex and challenging mission, especially in an ever changing working environment. As a member of one the PAS pillars- performance, talent, systems, reward, mobility and analytics--you’ll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment. When you join us you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors and geographies and have the opportunity to take your career in the direction you want.
We have an opportunity for a Manager to participate in HR Mergers and Acquisitions – financial, operational, tax mergers and acquisitions due diligence analysis focused on US and global transactions. Producing HR due diligence reports (both buy-side and sell-side) especially for divestitures.
Your key responsibilities
You will work on multiple reward projects. In this role, you will be required to deliver quality client service, provide flexible and innovative reward solutions and balance multiple priorities. You will also be expected to have excellent communication skills, integrate into and lead new teams, and rapidly establish relationships. Specifically, you should contribute to generating profitable revenue through identifying follow-on engagement opportunities and developing lasting relationships with clients. You should also demonstrate relevant technical skills in designing and delivering reward solutions, and understand global and local reward trends.
Skills and attributes for success
• Experience with HR aspects of mergers/acquisitions
• Have financial Due Diligence and Transactions experience thorough the full life cycle of an acquisition
• Understanding of accounting and reporting related to broad based compensation and benefits
• Contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to client needs and concerns
• Be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for any major change initiatives and/or decisions
• Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
• Contribute to business development and client pursuit activities by preparing proposals and delivering presentations for potential clients
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree and around four to six years of related experience
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to advise, challenge and influence clients
• Project management experience, planning, budget management, and reporting
• Strong Excel skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience in one or more areas of: reward, benefits, compensation, or talent
• International knowledge of mergers and acquisitions
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused expat tax team, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.