EY San Juan - Tax GCR - Intern Winter 2023 in San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan - Tax GCR - Intern Winter 2023
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax – EY EDGE – Global Compliance & Reporting – TFO/Global Operations – Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
EY’s Tax and Finance Operate (TFO) practice serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. Our TFO practice provides the processes, technology and people for functional outsourcing, enabled by leading-edge technology and client platforms. Our quality service and technical network across 150+ countries enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their tax and finance functions. We believe that by managing clients’ tax obligations we can make a critical difference and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our TFO/Global Operations (GO) team works with clients to manage their global accounting and tax obligations proactively and responsibly. Our services including global bookkeeping, statutory accounting and reporting, direct tax compliance and accounting, indirect tax compliance, payroll and tax controversy.
TFO/GO is supported by our industry-leading Global Tax Platform (GTP) which is redefining how accounting and tax operates and how we serve our clients. It is technology enabling enhanced tax services to better support the evolving needs of our clients.
We operate as advisors to our client’s Finance and Tax leaders and play this critical role as their managed services provider. Our high growth practice attracts the interest of our largest, most complex clients as well as mid-market clients looking to focus their accounting and tax resources on other priorities.
Mentored by nationally recognized professionals, including the firm’s most senior talent, you’ll be trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our stakeholder’s and play a critical role in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
· Develop technical skills and applying these skills to complex situations
· Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
· Team across service lines, technical specialties and geographical boundaries to deliver exceptional client service.
· Demonstrate professionalism through a positive, team-oriented attitude and maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
· Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery
· Monitor progress, managing risk, maximizing operational efficiencies and making sure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
§ A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
§ Plans to pursue becoming licensed as a CPA
§ A strong academic record, particularly in accounting and tax courses
§ Strong proficiency and a high level of comfort working with new and emerging technologies
§ Flexibility and willingness to travel.
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Service Line/Business Area Tax