EY Platform Development Lead in Secaucus, New Jersey
Platform Development Lead
Core Business Services
Requisition # SEC001NL
Post Date Apr 29, 2021
The EY Tax Solution Delivery (SD) team is looking for a Development Lead to implement and compose the tax domain specific capabilities to provide highly performant, scalable and valuable solutions.
The ideal candidate will be an expert with deep experience in cloud-based platforms/technologies, working closely with the Architects and SMEs to design, build, and delivery systems/applications. The role requires experience with cloud-based technologies (preferably in Azure), ability to analyze complex technology issues, design and develop solutions that influence the design and development of others on the team.
The Solution Delivery (SD) Team is a collegial team of experts in various domains spanning security, service specification and development, business architecture, and technology integration. As a member of the SD team, the Principal Software Engineer will work in a collaborative and supportive group, be responsible for key decisions and deliverables to support a portfolio tax service lines.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Lead the software development life-cycle (SDLC)
• Manage the integration of EY Global Tax Platform (GTP) across practice/SSL tools
• Manage EY onshore, EY offshore and vendor development teams.
• Ensure business functionality delivery through the composition and integration of services rather than monolithic applications, and the build-out of capabilities to provide an effective Tax Domain solutions at a global scale.
• Act as voice of authority across the application, integration, and platform domains, in addition to the implementation of systems and practices to allow for more effective solution development.
• Be an active participant in a team of senior and highly experienced technologists.
• Pursues and builds relationships across business and IT teams to better understand the utilization and prioritization of tax application capabilities.
• Advise and consult with other departments on production software issues, concerns, problems, and questions.
• Direct and evaluate performance of software development employees across various platforms.
• Maintain release schedule and integrity/quality for each product build or change.
• Act as escalation point for development impediments and dependencies.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities. Ability to juggle multiple projects, demands, and reprioritize as necessary to align with changing business objectives.
• Proven track record collaborating effectively with partner teams and customers, translating requirements into a product vision and roadmap, and successfully shipping multiple software releases
• Maintains adherence to architectural standards/principles in context of GTP platform architecture, product-specific guidelines, usability design,
• Estimates technical effort, risks and solutions at a solution level
• Responsible for detailed technical design at a solution level
• Responsible for delivery of overall technical solution within schedule and budget
• Monitors adherence to methodologies, tools and KPIs
• Executes on ability to maintain effective & consistent communication within the team, with peers & stakeholders across own & other teams
• Minimizes technical exposure and risk on projects.
• Identifies potential points of contention for missed activities, notifies project leadership of a situation and provides remediation plan
• Anticipates problems before they occur; defines a problem; identifies possible causes; works with a team to find solution; selects and implements most appropriate solution
• Looking for a “player-coach” that can lead a team of 10-15 developers and testers, by directing team efforts, conducting code reviews, and rolling up sleeves and doing development when necessary.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
• Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
• Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
• Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews
• Executes on sound analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously per each project assigned when needed
• Takes accountability for quality technical deliverables to agreed schedule and estimates.
• Ability to convert business and technical requirements into an appropriate technical solution.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Manage Agile development team
• Exceptional ability to analyze complex application technologies and scenarios and derive solutions.
• Excellent strategic skills to develop long-term visions and the ability to translate them into actionable roadmaps that are broadly accepted.
• Excellent ability to understand detailed impact while keeping the eye on the big picture.
• Excellent ability to abstract real world scenarios into easy to understand models.
• Excellent ability to recognize different options and to propose a value add solution.
• Excellent ability to balance what is “right” with what is “realistic”.
• Excellent ability to stay focused on identified priorities.
• Excellent ability to make recommendations in situations of ambiguity and the absence of complete facts.
• Effectively coordinates work with peers and ensures successful delivery.
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Deep understanding of engineering best practices
• Strong knowledge of SOA, object-oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded application development
• Strong technical skills designing, developing, and implementing applications through logical life cycles for their portfolio of projects
• Strong knowledge in WCF and Web Services
• Strong knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Experience with managing teams, onshore, remote and offshore teams to work towards development best practices.
• Software Engineering experience and current expertise in C#, .Net,
• Well familiar with Test Driven development process.
• Working with Security teams on API-level authorization federation (OpenID/OAuth/SAML/JasonWebToken).
• Familiarity with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
• TAX domain knowledge preferred
• Experience within Scaled Agile Framework a plus
• Experience with (Azure, AWS, etc.) building Cloud based or virtualization technologies
• Building high-quality, cross-browser compatible, high-performance Microsoft Azure based environments.
• Azure Cloud Platform VSTS DEVOPS to run reports on Code Coverage/Burn up/Burn-down and manage code quality.
• Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
• Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members.
• Leads a functional team with responsibility for utilization, assignments, and reports to a pillar leader
• Responsible for training and standards for functional team performance
• Has direct responsibility for supervising personnel, (i.e., sets goals, assigns work, reviews performance, and conducts career development discussions)
• Occasional overnight travel may be required
• A bachelors degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
• Masters degree preferred
• 10-15 years of relevant experience in design & developing platform-level solutions
• 6+ years of hands-on experience leading Agile development
• Minimum of 5 years of working in multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, globally dispersed team
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with MS/ technology stack
• Preferred experience building and delivering SaaS technology.
• Preferred minimum of 3 years of experience with MS/Azure technology stack
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.